Class A Sectionals

Shozen

VB was a good enough team to make it to the final four last year. I just can't understand how you could say any team is just average that is in the state tournament.

You're taking part of what I said and twisting it. I said they are good at home average away from home. They would not have won on the road in a substate game. They benefit from a weak region. That's over now. I hope they do well at the state tourney I have no ill will towards them. They don't make up the regions tssaa does so good for them for winning the games that were put in front of them. I'll always pull for the county teams!! It's not like I said something that wasn't true though. VB fans want to hang their hat on the fact they won a game at the state tournament last year and Clay did not as if VB could beat Clay or were somehow better when that's clearly not the case. They haven't beaten Clay in over 8 years and if they draw them this year they will get beat again. Those are just facts

Van Buren has a really solid team at home. They are tough to beat in that gym but get them away from there and they are just average. They've got a really good player in Mills and some good role players around him. This was one of those games where the home team was going to win. Had this game been played at Pickett I have no doubt they would have won. Now this is the last year Van Buren gets a cupcake walk to host a substate game. They move into district 7A's region next year where every game will be tough.

So the win in the state game in the buro...does that count as a home game? On a neutral court is where it was played and they played better than "average."

• Upvote 1