Tyner at Macon County AA Substate

MaconVol

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win for my buddy Coach Welch.  This man is finally reaping the rewards for his years of yard work and coaching his young men.  How about Macon County this year!!!  Coach White and the ladies win and unthinkable game and now Coach Welch and his young men with a great win over a very good Tyner team.  

Sad ending for the Rams but that program just reloads and will be a factor again next year.

Anything is possible with them being the only high school magnet.  However how do they just reload?  Tyner is a football school probably the best in the city.  How many times have they made it to the state tournament in school history?

"Factor" means when you think of hoops in Chattanooga the same names pop up year after year. If you know this area you know that Tyner and Brainerd own it in AA. Central had a good run but is down right now.

Aside from the privates the only other program to contend with is EHam who is emerging as a strong force.

"Factor" means when you think of hoops in Chattanooga the same names pop up year after year. If you know this area you know that Tyner and Brainerd own it in AA. Central had a good run but is down right now.

Aside from the privates the only other program to contend with is EHam who is emerging as a strong force.

I think you need to do a little more fact checking.  Tyner is not considered a powerhouse in hoops and I like tyner as a school.  They are more so known as football.  Howard and Brainerd has been the 2 power houses in basketball in the in forever you may wanna dig up the tssaa records.  The Cameron kids had brothers that played for Howard and the both of them made the state more than he did.  He only went 1 time....that's not dominance.  yes howard hasn't been since 2013 but they are a household name in Murfreesboro

I think you need to do a little more fact checking. Tyner is not considered a powerhouse in hoops and I like tyner as a school. They are more so known as football. Howard and Brainerd has been the 2 power houses in basketball in the in forever you may wanna dig up the tssaa records. The Cameron kids had brothers that played for Howard and the both of them made the state more than he did. He only went 1 time....that's not dominance. yes howard hasn't been since 2013 but they are a household name in Murfreesboro

LOL, I tell you what if your age on your profile is correct I can sit down with you sometime and we can talk Chatt history. I'm old but Coach Bowles and Coach High were friends of mine and I know tons of the legends that we all played with and against. Or maybe we can talk Riverside, Kirkman and Chatt City High. We all played the big games at Big Mac at UTC. There was no McKenzie arena.

The past few years in Chatt it's been Brainerd and Tyner and we live in a what have you done for me lately world, But i'll give you credit for defending the Hustlin Tigers. They've got some good young kids coming up.

Edited by chattaauhoops

LOL, I tell you what if your age on your profile is correct I can sit down with you sometime and we can talk Chatt history. I'm old but Coach Bowles and Coach High were friends of mine and I know tons of the legends that we all played with and against. Or maybe we can talk Riverside, Kirkman and Chatt City High. We all played the big games at Big Mac at UTC. There was no McKenzie arena.

The past few years in Chatt it's been Brainerd and Tyner and we live in a what have you done for me lately world, But i'll give you credit for defending the Hustlin Tigers. They've got some good young kids coming up.

Dont look up my age or my profile lol.  I tell only facts and what have you done for me lately is that after bowles Frank Jones made it to the state , then Leroy Higgins twice, and the current coach that has only been there for like 12 years has been there like 7 times.  this is not even a good debate.  Howard probably has had players to make the state tournament more than tyner basketball has ever made it.  Again tyner is football country just because you win a game or 2 doesnt change who you are