Class A State Tournament

Shozen

:popcorneater:

uk you know me from last year. I am always logical in my reasoning. I support my home team but who doesn't? i have never EVER claimed Clay would win or even make it to the finals but when you have a kid averaging 40 ppg that team is hard to beat in A.

He hit his average last year vs Hampton but can he do it again? He will need help to win so we shall see. If the guy doesn't make a heckuva shot to tie then who knows what Clay would have done vs Mitchell.

I do think they matched up vs them better than Hampton did but that's a mute point at this point.

Edited by Shozen

uk you know me from last year. I am always logical in my reasoning. I support my home team but who doesn't? i have never EVER claimed Clay would win or even make it to the finals but when you have a kid averaging 40 ppg that team is hard to beat in A.

He hit his average last year vs Hampton but can he do it again? He will need help to win so we shall see. If the guy doesn't make a heckuva shot to tie then who knows what Clay would have done vs Mitchell.

I do think they matched up vs them better than Hampton did but that's a mute point at this point.

Ole OnB was just giving ya a hard time in his post.

We needed strong post play to take Mitchell to the wire last season and just didn't have it....We had the guards and small forward just not the bruiser down low....You all did.

We hung with Mitchell or UC the last three years with an all out, physical D...IMO we wore Clay down a bit with that D that allowed us to win in OT after that buzzer beater in reg. You got to say, it was one of the best games down there.

Mitchell is just a different animal that's hard to prepare for

The main "Key" to winning a state tournament is making it to halftime with your best players not in foul trouble .....get ready for the TSSAA referees annual But pucker whistlefeat

Just glad to be back folks Hanpton is lights out at that cracker-box

And almost got us. I will say I was very satisfied with the officialting at Hampton. Yea they missed some but they were consistent and let them play some that is the part that always worries me at state

Edited by 12thmanGCA

The main "Key" to winning a state tournament is making it to halftime with your best players not in foul trouble .....get ready for the TSSAA referees annual But pucker whistlefeat

Just glad to be back folks Hanpton is lights out at that cracker-box

And almost got us. I will say I was very satisfied with the officialting at Hampton. Yea they missed some but they were consistent and let them play some that is the part that always worries me at state

No argument here....Hampton is still one of the best gyms in TN 12thman.

And you are correct, last year the whistle happy (look at me) refs had mine and 2 other starters in foul trouble in the first qtr against Mitchell....If that happens to a team that needs it's best on the floor for four, they are in T R O U B L E 

No argument here....Hampton is still one of the best gyms in TN 12thman.

And you are correct, last year the whistle happy (look at me) refs had mine and 2 other starters in foul trouble in the first qtr against Mitchell....If that happens to a team that needs it's best on the floor for four, they are in T R O U B L E

You make a good point here. Some of these refs want to be noticed and are sitting on "go" to call a foul. That is the most frustrating part of the early games at the tournament.

I agree

There were actually a few no calls that got me fired up last night...And I'm sure GCA could say the same...But then some calls that should have not been made...All in all a "let em play" game.

At state, it doesn't seem to be that way

The "small town" ball is what makes high school the BEST in my opinion.Football or Basketball it just don't matter.We cannot let these type atmospheres go!It makes it worth while.I have Been to Hampton,Oliver springs the old Midway gym (just like the one in Hoosiers) these place are (were) great venues.Would like he to see a small school win it all.

I've seen a lot of basketball over the years in the UC. Key is probably the most impressive athlete on the court, but it is a legit argument if he is a better athlete than Arms. Can key hit a softball..??..lol Coe scored almost 3,000 points with another D1 player on his team, and a 3rd player (which we all know was an ok HS player that loved to shoot), and NO 3 point line. So there is a real debate if Ty is even the best to come out of Clay Co.

And Shozen, as far as the other players from the UC you compared him to...he isn't in the same league as Amonett was in HS. Not even close. I saw that kid dominate us (3 times that year) while we had 2 people hanging on him the entire game & we had a really good team that year. Davis, Westmorland, Weaver, etc

College career is TBD...I think Ty will be great at ISU & have an excellent career. Which is also the highest offer he had, those other schools did not offer. But he won't be playing in the ACC...

I agree with the other posters, start another thread or end this topic on this thread.

Go Dawgs!!

Can't wait to play next week.

The "small town" ball is what makes high school the BEST in my opinion.Football or Basketball it just don't matter.We cannot let these type atmospheres go!It makes it worth while.I have Been to Hampton,Oliver springs the old Midway gym (just like the one in Hoosiers) these place are (were) great venues.Would like he to see a small school win it all.

I agree!

I raise cain every time I hear "consolidation"!

Shozen....I hate to give you such bad news but Clay County will not win the state, unless the west Tennessee teams are just awful. They do not have a great team around Key. And since we are talking about Tyreke , he is great player with a great attitude but he is not the best to come out of the Upper Cumberland and I don't know if he is even the best player to come out of Clay County . But he maybe one the more athletic players . Clay County's shot was last year imho.

I've only been back in this area for just over 20 yrs. but in my humble opinion, Key is the best to come out of the Upper Cumberland area during this time. I closely followed Indiana high school BB for many years, while I lived there, and this young man could have started on any of the great teams there during that time. The only thing I've ever seen that I disagreed with in his game was, he was too UNselfish!