Clay Co. vs Harriman Single A State Championship

Shozen

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still believe defense wins championships and if Harriman goes cold shooting (and continues to take lower percentage shots like they have during the tournament) and Clay gets up 6-7 points early, CC just might change up the tempo by slowing the game down to eat clock. I believe people will be surprised when the final score is low.

I agree that Clay could try that if they get ahead. Columbia tried to do the same thing and it ended up costing them the ball game because they couldn't handle the press!! I can't wait to see how it plays out!! It should be a blast!!!

If that's the case how did y'all lose to GCA 3 times?

Because we tried to slow the game down and it ended up coming back to bite us. Grace didn't stop us, they just outscored us. Those 3 games could've easily went either way. No excuses on that, we tried to slow the game when we had the lead and they took advantage. Game time is almost upon us!!

Because we tried to slow the game down and it ended up coming back to bite us. Grace didn't stop us, they just outscored us. Those 3 games could've easily went either way. No excuses on that, we tried to slow the game when we had the lead and they took advantage. Game time is almost upon us!!

Your entire post was nothing but excuses

This is a true post,I was there.I made the same comment,HHS tried to play GCAs game and it bit them.HHS is best when in playground mode just letem run!

This is a true post,I was there.I made the same comment,HHS tried to play GCAs game and it bit them.HHS is best when in playground mode just letem run!

Exactly! Dude is just looking to put us down! You know me and you know I don't make excuses for our losses!! Those are learning points that teach you how to win! Personally I love it that we're getting disrespected the way we have been! We've been underestimated many times and you've saw what's happened. I expect the same thing tonight too! We don't have just one star player, we've got a team full of studs!!! We will rise to the occasion and we will give it all we've got! That ball is coming back to Harriman tonight!!!

It may not be a bad idea to let Key get his points. The other guards for Clay seem to be good shooters when they are set but not so good when guarded and having to shoot on the move. It will be interesting to see if Harriman lets the Clay guards shoot threes uncontested or not. 

Unbiased poster here but I think if Harriman stops everyone else but Key, then the Harriman team can outscore Key. Should be a good game to watch. Looking forward to seeing the strategy of both teams. 

Edited by dogtruth

It may not be a bad idea to let Key get his points. The other guards for Clay seem to be good shooters when they are set but not so good when guarded and having to shoot on the move. It will be interesting to see if Harriman lets the Clay guards shoot threes uncontested or not.

Unbiased poster here but I think if Harriman stops everyone else but Key, then the Harriman team can outscore Key. Should be a good game to watch. Looking forward to seeing the strategy of both teams.

Good post sir!! I can't wait to see how it plays out but so nervous at the same time!!!