BATTLE B/T BOYD & SOUTH PITT

2Strong

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The players at Boyd-Buchanan have to live somewhere. But even if they're not being recruited, they are from all over Hamilton County and at the least, from Marion County. If they have players from Marion County, they probably have from Bradley County, North Georgia and so on. I don't have a whole roster for them with hometowns but that's not the point anyway. The point is combine the large area from which to bring in players, the environment which results in more of the good athletes and "big boys" participating in sports and performing well, and yes, of course, good coaching, and you have powerhouse teams such as what are running wild in 1A (and two in 2A) right now.

I absolutely cannot believe some of the things I am reading here! There are good people at ALL schools. There are also some big-mouthed braggarts at all schools. Show some character here people! Just because some JERK shoots his mouth off about this team or that means exactly squat!

1AFAN, pujo, arhp52 and wardawg- You had BETTER be able to back up those accusations with FACTS. But you can't- why? Because here are the FACTS- not the hype:

FACT-namimg any student in this forum is uncalled for! It's chicken crap and untrue. What good can spreading rumors do? NONE! It's demeaning to his or her family who sacrifices to have them there.

FACT- if these accusations were true about ANY student it would be illlegal- call TSSAA or shut your mouth!

FACT- If having a school that encourages kids to come there for spiritual reasons is recruiting-so be it. If you knew the families of these kids from the Valley and the situations surrounding the switch to Boyd you'd know why they are at this school. But you don't- so you spread the manure to make good kids (who are just like yours and try just as hard)and a good school look like the bad guys.

Very Brave. Very Uplifting. Very Informative. Very Cowardly.

FACT- Boyd DOES NOT recruit on athletic basis, DOES NOT provide tuition assistance to any athlete and DOES NOT CHEAT! If you think otherwise you are BADLY MISTAKEN.

I have read great posts and comments from you on other matters. I expected more class form you all.

I promise you there is plenty of class here big guy. If you look at my post no names are ever mentioned I just stated some players came from this county and people knew who I was talking about. As far as facts go if religious reasons are why kids are going to boyd so be it. If taking out ads in the local newspaper with players holding up state championship trophies(not Boyd but another Chattanooga private school) is recruiting religious beliefs and academics then I am not as smart as i thought. My point is the split has been decided on and that everyone should move on. The playing ground with public and private schools is not level. They should be seperate. Zones for example if a kid in Whitwell wanted to move and play at Marion he would have to change residence or sit out a year. Private schools can move around the zoning issues kids can live anywhere and go to the private school and play. I am not on here to bash any of the kids in any way. The decide and do what they believe is best for them. That is great! My point is lets have a private league and a public league and see what happens b/c the one now is not working!!

No. What I was saying was that I don't think that Boyd would be able to recruit like Notre Dame or the other teams listed could. I think that Notre Dame would have a whole lot more money they could use then Boyd since they are a bigger school. I doubt that Boyd would be able to do as well recruiting as a bigger school could.

I'm not accusing anyone of recruiting.

Why does anyone have to recruit, including Notre Dame? They're in Division II, they would be recruiting already if they could, and Boyd-Buchanan is probably 40 points better this year. I thought all private schools just went by whatever students applied and went there, not which ones could play sports.

I see what you're saying, but I'm just saying that I think if Boyd went to d-II they'd almost have to recruit to be able to keep up with some of the bigger ones. And by switching all privates to d-II the ones that don't recruit or don't have the money to are going to get blown out by the ones that do. I'd like Boyd to move to d-II if I knew that they'd be able to stay at the same level with the rest, but I don't know that they could. It seems like they could make a list of requirements for privates to enter d-II and the rest stay in regular divisions till they meet the requirements. JMO.

First off I am tired of all the talk about public vs. Private. If they split fine if they don't fine. But I will tell you this If they don't split South Pittsburg will probably have at least one more title whether they split or not it could come as early as next year they will have loads of talent and depth.