Dobyns Bennett vs Greeneville

BatmanDevil

Glad that game is over.Love seeing the Devils win but I hated to watch those boys I've known for years lose at the same time.In my mind early,I thought it's going to be a very hard game for Greeneville to win because I know DB's talent and as I've said all along,this could have been a monster of a team.Just great adjustments and a little Devil luck in part,ended up making it a special night for Greeneville.DB has to stay healty without that great depth in 6A.Greeneville could use a few more healthy boys as well .This was a huge win for Greeneville but games like this and against other 6A teams will make them better for the playoffs.Good luck to the Tribe and Devils let's put this one behind you and get ready for another tough bunch.

2 weeks until the boys from SH go to Kingsport and 3 weeks until they welcome the Devils from Greeneville to Johnson City. We wont know how good we are until we get both of those games out of the way. I was impressed with both teams tonight. It really could have gone either way but DB just shot themselves in the foot too many times. Not taking anything away from Greeneville though. Ballard is a stud and those kids play smart, disciplined football.

Edited by WBNC83

LOTS OF MISTAKES ON BOTH SIDES and the benefit of some timely calls helped my devils tonight....OH, and one gritty #### bunch of Greene Devil kids. This game COULD have gotten ugly very quickly but the kids kept fighting and never gave in or up. Never been prouder of a Greeneville team. DB was as advertised on the OL and some stud athletes all over the place. The Gauntlet continues for both teams next week. Greeneville at MoWest, DB plays......i have no clue, but i know SH is looming in a couple weeks for them so no matter who they play next week, it will be tough following this loss and before the SH loss (assuming)....anyway...a vid is forthcoming as always, just give me a day or two. I have to go watch my daughters boyfriend play for WG tomorrow in Pigeon Forge.....man, we could use him at Greeneville for some depth. Great win, Go Devils and good luck Tribe the rest of the way.

DB Stats,

DB had 420 yrds. to Greenevilles 311

3 turnovers, 13 penalties for 125 yrds., 3 personal foul penalties.

Greeneville's Ballard scored all five of their touchdowns (three in the forth quarter), accounted for 42 of their 54 plays.  Basically DB got beat by one guy. From start to finish.

51 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

DB Stats,

DB had 420 yrds. to Greenevilles 311

3 turnovers, 13 penalties for 125 yrds., 3 personal foul penalties.

Greeneville's Ballard scored all five of their touchdowns (three in the forth quarter), accounted for 42 of their 54 plays.  Basically DB got beat by one guy. From start to finish.

And don't forget the same ole, same ole.   Clarke typically starts with a burst, but can't finish the job.  He's lost that ability - permanently.  It's been years since he could. 

The prediction that somebody make and I agreed with was 35-14, I think.   At least DB scored on extra time.  But you're right - penalties killed them.  That's another same ole.   I am surprised there were not more turnovers - first game against a good team.

Edited by DBGRAD70

10 hours ago, devilfan11 said:

I hate to say it but the more talented team did not win tonight. 3 turnovers and 5 personal foul penalties. DB was as undisciplined of a team as I've seen. This falls on the coaches not the players. As previously stated, a ton of talent going to waste.

Exactly right.