• Clay County
    • Gordonsville
    • Jo Byrns
    • Monterey
    • Pickett Co.
    • Red Boiling Springs
    • RePublic

7 hours ago, croz6110 said:

2A enrollment means you play 2A football.

Look at it this way, 2A could possibly be easier than 1A.

Far as region play goes this year 2A looks lot easier than 1A region I'm just going to miss playing some of teams but at least we kept Gordonsville on the schedule 

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's a little late but who do you have winning this week?

Jo Byrns-Bye

Gordonsville @ Watertown

Monterey @ Mt. Pleasant

Clay Co. @ Jackson Co.

Republic @ Pearl Cohn

Cannon Co. @ Red Boiling Springs

Oakdale @ Pickett Co.

I'll take G'ville, Monterey, Jackson Co., Pearl Cohn, Cannon Co., & Oakdale

57 minutes ago, MOTO24 said:

Jo Byrns-Bye

Gordonsville @ Watertown

Monterey @ Mt. Pleasant

Clay Co. @ Jackson Co.

Republic @ Pearl Cohn

Oakdale @ Pickett Co.

Gordonsville, Jackson, P.C. RED BOILING, Oakedale, and of course Monterey for me!!! Anxious to see how we play and fair in a real game!

18 hours ago, MOTO24 said:

Jo Byrns-Bye

Gordonsville @ Watertown

Monterey @ Mt. Pleasant

Clay Co. @ Jackson Co.

Republic @ Pearl Cohn

Oakdale @ Pickett Co.

Some real shockers last night! Clay Co is who really stands out to me! Maybe that coach has it turned around!!!! I did figure Gville would win! RBS wins! My Monterey boys are still struggling to find what works! Pickett put some points up against Oakdale and REpublic well I don't think any of us would of wanted to play Pearl! I hope we get our jitters and bugs worked out! I did see a bright spot last night when we went to the power I and started moving ball good but it was to late at that point to recover! Mount Pleasant has a couple good running backs that will be tough for anyone to contain! Now on to week 2! I do believe our Region is going to struggle come play off time! Unless Moto boys come out ballin!!!!

On 8/19/2017 at 8:57 AM, TALMAD said:

Some real shockers last night! Clay Co is who really stands out to me! Maybe that coach has it turned around!!!! I did figure Gville would win! RBS wins! My Monterey boys are still struggling to find what works! Pickett put some points up against Oakdale and REpublic well I don't think any of us would of wanted to play Pearl! I hope we get our jitters and bugs worked out! I did see a bright spot last night when we went to the power I and started moving ball good but it was to late at that point to recover! Mount Pleasant has a couple good running backs that will be tough for anyone to contain! Now on to week 2! I do believe our Region is going to struggle come play off time! Unless Moto boys come out ballin!!!!

I went 2-5!  Yeah Clay Co. was a big surprise!  Not just that they won but 32-7?  That's impressive!  Gordonsville getting beat by 3 TD's and not scoring was surprising as well.  I'm not going to count them out anytime soon.  There's still plenty of time for them to get their offense going.  I suspect this week's practice is going to be a tough one!  JB comes out looking good LOL.  That's only because they didn't play anybody.  I don't know that JB playing  Cascade is going to tell us anything this week.

Here's this week's matchups (my picks in bold):

Cascade @ Jo Byrns

Smith Co. @ Gordonsville

Midway @ Monterey

RBS @ Clay Co.

Pickett co. @ Zion Christian

Republic - Bye

1 hour ago, MOTO24 said:

I went 2-5!  Yeah Clay Co. was a big surprise!  Not just that they won but 32-7?  That's impressive!  Gordonsville getting beat by 3 TD's and not scoring was surprising as well.  I'm not going to count them out anytime soon.  There's still plenty of time for them to get their offense going.  I suspect this week's practice is going to be a tough one!  JB comes out looking good LOL.  That's only because they didn't play anybody.  I don't know that JB playing  Cascade is going to tell us anything this week.

Here's this week's matchups (my picks in bold):

Cascade @ Jo Byrns

Smith Co. @ Gordonsville

Midway @ Monterey

RBS @ Clay Co.

Pickett co. @ Zion Christian

Republic - Bye

I am going with Jo Byrns, Smith Co, Monterey because I hope that we realized what was working this week and go with the power I like we did last qtr and started moving the ball and controlling the clock! Midway lost by 1 to Rockwood so I say they will be decent considering their region! Going with Clay Co and I don't know Zion but I do know Pickett so Going with Zion!!! I hope we improve by Sept 1 when your boys come or it could be ugly!!!

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:32 AM, MOTO24 said:

Bump for picks... 

I didn't pick a winner for PC @ Zion game; I'll take PC.

How did your boys look last night Moto! I went 4-1 on the picks and our boys should have won that game last night but oh well on with the season! We better come out ready this week cause by the score your boys looking pretty good! Our secondary is pretty good but its senior heavy! Our line is young but they do play very hard! I seen a lot different team last night than I did at Mount Pleasant! Safe travels to you all this week and by the way I am VERY VERY VERY happy we don't have to make that LOOOOONNNNGGGGG drive this year lol!!!

I went 5-0 this week!!!  JB looked good for their first game.  I'm a little hesitant to get too excited but I like what I see.  Cascade isn't very good this year.  We've got 4 different guys who can run the ball and one kid is faster than anybody I've seen at JB.  The only problem is that he's quite small.  If you get your hands on him he's going down.  Our defense looked good as well.  We're solid up front and have pretty quick linebackers.  I'll be curious to see what you think about us next week.

2 minutes ago, MOTO24 said:

I went 5-0 this week!!!  JB looked good for their first game.  I'm a little hesitant to get too excited but I like what I see.  Cascade isn't very good this year.  We've got 4 different guys who can run the ball and one kid is faster than anybody I've seen at JB.  The only problem is that he's quite small.  If you get your hands on him he's going down.  Our defense looked good as well.  We're solid up front and have pretty quick linebackers.  I'll be curious to see what you think about us next week.

I actually thought Pickett lost but they won so 3-2! Our line is small! Like I have said our skills positions are all seniors! Qb is big and 10 our receiver is big! Our line is young! Are u making the trip???