Marion 2017

18 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

They gold ball WILL NOT come east this year in 2A. A silver ball is better any day than none at all though. 

Never said the Gold Ball was gonna be coming to the East just that it would be even better to win a Gold than a Silver and I'm not downing a Silver Ball one bit!!! A lot of hard work goes into just playing for a Gold or Silver Ball huge accomplishment to just reach that game!!!

6 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

If waverly gets to the game then we have just as much chance as they do to win it.  I feel like Union city is probably on a different level.

I call it like I see it and Waverly has everything returning from a team that took Trezevant to the wire. The QB, WR, and RB are all college prospects. Now, I think Union City is absolutely the team to beat. They have been a beast in 1A and nothing will stop them from being the same way in 2A. I think the two best teams in 2A are both in the west this season, but only one of them can go. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

9 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I call it like I see it and Waverly has everything returning from a team that took Trezevant to the wire. The QB, WR, and RB are all college prospects. Now, I think Union City is absolutely the team to beat. They have been a beast in 1A and nothing will stop them from being the same way in 2A. I think the two best teams in 2A are both in the west this season, but only one of them can go. 

The qb and rb for Waverly I've seen film on, they are both very good players to be so young. Taking Trez to the wire is different when Richardson doesn't play. I would have to say if Richardson wouldn't have played in the 2 games we played them then there would be 2 gold balls instead of silver in the trophy case. He was a one man wrecking crew in '15 and his presence in '16 freed the qb up for a couple of big plays that sealed it for them. Just calling it like I see it too. Aside from all that we're just hoping to win our first game.

19 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

The qb and rb for Waverly I've seen film on, they are both very good players to be so young. Taking Trez to the wire is different when Richardson doesn't play. I would have to say if Richardson wouldn't have played in the 2 games we played them then there would be 2 gold balls instead of silver in the trophy case. He was a one man wrecking crew in '15 and his presence in '16 freed the qb up for a couple of big plays that sealed it for them. Just calling it like I see it too. Aside from all that we're just hoping to win our first game.

I agree with you, but my point was that Waverly is going to be very good the next two years. I'm personally glad Union City is gone from 1A. They were always close to 400 kids and have bounced back and forth from 1-2A. You guys deal with them for awhile. They were unbelievable in 2013 and 2014. I see similar dominance coming for them this season. 

8 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

didnt waverly lose their whole defense, 9 or 10 guys?  Thought someone had said that.  

They lost some guys, but the next two years should be the best years in school history. I've got a relative up there and apparently the junior class is the best one to ever come through the school.