McNairy Central

Bobcats83

I think that each fan's expectations are a little different for the program. If a team goes 25-5 every season, but lose in District or Regions some fans will take it as a very successful organization. Others will want to look for a coach that can get the team to the next level....sub-state or Murfreesboro and consider the team stuck in a holding pattern. Just depends on your expectations. 

• 3 weeks later...

He's had plenty of teams that could have went to state and possibly won it. He doesn't adapt in post season. Good coaches change things up in post season based on what they saw in regular season from opponents. I've watched him coach for 30 years. Great regular season coach, horrible post season coach. Name me 1 other 800 plus win coach that doesn't have a state championship on resume? You can't do it. 

How many 800 win coaches can you name without looking through Google?  Lott would have won a state in 2007 if his star player had not missed most  of the season for health reasons and the third best player was lost to a knee injury. The star player he missed went to win NAIA National Player of the Year. 

On 9/29/2017 at 10:33 PM, Bobcats83 said:

Looks like a long list of talent to me.  Your point has no merit  

http://www.mchscats.org/index.php/athletics/spring-sports/basketball-girls/669-girls-collegiate-players

i like how it's supposed to be personal to you.  I don't like his coaching, never have.   It's your right to disagree, still doesn't make me wrong 

There are about 7-8 real college players on that list. Let's don't try to make it like MCHS was the old Shelbyville. How many on McNairy's list were Division One players?

1 hour ago, Macnarry said:

How many 800 win coaches can you name without looking through Google?  Lott would have won a state in 2007 if his star player had not missed most  of the season for health reasons and the third best player was lost to a knee injury. The star player he missed went to win NAIA National Player of the Year. 

No one is denying that his 800 wins aren't impressive, they're just looking for more from MCHS in the post season. Injuries are a part of the game, so all the would've, could've, should've stuff doesn't matter. Ya'll have me intrigued, I'm coming to watch some MCHS games this season. You never know, with talented Wade-Warren leading the way, this just might be the year for a deep postseason run to Murfreesboro! 

Cradle. Don' waste your time! Warren will not get the ball like see should. You got Warren who is 6'1" and another girl that' 5'10" who can score in the paint prolly easy. I dont think they will get the balk like they should because of the poor shots from 3 point land this year.  I think Lott will showcase a couple more than the 2 ladies down low! Im glad Warren is playing in exposure  games during summer beca use she will not be given a chance while Lott is coach. 

concerned, bitterness is a poison. Let it go. We get the fact you do not like him. It is easy to criticize from the sidelines. Lott knows how talented Wade-Warren is as a player and will make sure she gets the ball.  I do not feel it is good to be critical of a high school player or players. Stay classy. 

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:35 PM, 9oldschool5 said:

He's had plenty of teams that could have went to state and possibly won it. He doesn't adapt in post season. Good coaches change things up in post season based on what they saw in regular season from opponents. I've watched him coach for 30 years. Great regular season coach, horrible post season coach. Name me 1 other 800 plus win coach that doesn't have a state championship on resume? You can't do it. 

Tracy Chandler

20 minutes ago, concernedbobcat said:

Tradertwo

Macnarry(prolly Jeff York) knows to many stats on Lott and other sports. That' why he defends Lott because he been with him for 30+ years!

Not aligning myself with anyone...just answered a question. Now let me tell you the difference. Chandler has over 800 victories, and has had some state caliber teams...early to mid nineties Scotts Hill was top 5 in state consistently, but had the bad luck to lose to the eventual state champs year after year in sub state. One year we weren't competitive, as our center tore her ACL in regionals, but the others were all really, really close, and those teams went on to win state by pretty good margins. Early 2010's we finally get to state twice...arguably our best team ever loses to state champion Wayne Co., as close as Coach Chandler has been to the gold ball. Think everyone in Scotts Hill is ready to run him out of town??? Not a chance. Has Chandler ever had the best team in state? Maybe, maybe not, but several times that I remember he has beaten "better" teams with less talent because of coaching. Two sides of the coin...did he lose too many "big games", or was it great coaching that got them to those games to begin with?

Bottom line is, Coach Chandler may not be the best ever, but he's good enough.