Week 0: Knox Central @ Tennessee High

chsbobcat09

So basically what I'm seeing here is if Courtland is stopped we just automatically lose? Courtland is most definitely the best athlete we have but if I'm not mistaken there are many other kids on the team. Don't be confused to think we don't have any other play makers. We very well could lose and do so big. All I'm saying is don't count this team out. I've been to every scrimmage and 7v7 and we've dominated or at least held our own against much larger schools such as Dobyns Bennett. If they keep in it, especially late, I'm just saying these kids have a lot of guts and determination. I have also noticed a climate change with this group. Guess time will tell.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, couch qb said:

Norsman I hope you are right....I've seen alot of Viking teams in my day i mean alot...and last years was by far the most undisciplined team we have ever had that i can remember.

Way more disciplined from what I have seen thus far. I will say we are not very big up front, that's a given., but hopefully the athleticism on this team will take over. All I can really make my basis off of is what I have seen thus far and it's hand over fist better than last year.

Well we're going to need a flawless game and to stuff the Central run and force this young QB to win it by himself. The odds are stacked against us and I'm not completely sold that Carter can win the game for us although he has the talent to certainly do so. I'd say this one is close at the half but that Knoxville speed and our inability to outscore the Cougars gets us. We're going to learn a lot about what makes this team in this game and vs Boone. I'll say Central 35 THS 24

7 hours ago, THSSpectre7 said:

Well we're going to need a flawless game and to stuff the Central run and force this young QB to win it by himself. The odds are stacked against us and I'm not completely sold that Carter can win the game for us although he has the talent to certainly do so. I'd say this one is close at the half but that Knoxville speed and our inability to outscore the Cougars gets us. We're going to learn a lot about what makes this team in this game and vs Boone. I'll say Central 35 THS 24

Spectre don’t take this personal, but man why is everybody awarding Boone the R1/5A region title already?   The guy @ the JC Press has Boone winning 10 games this season, THS’s coach was asked in an interview and he picked Boone, etc.   Yeah of course as a Blazer fan I would love to see it, but Boone was 5-5 last year and graduated a ton of guys.    I’m just wondering where this is all coming from ???       I would say Morristown East is the front-runner in R1, Cocke Co and Volunteer at the bottom, and everybody else evenly distributed in the middle.

Now as to the Knox Central game, well obviously they made it to Cookeville last year so that has to tell you something, but they also took a big graduation hit.  Knowing nothing much about either team (since no games have been played), I would have to go with Central simply because they are from Knoxville.  Come on guys, don’t act so surprised, up on this end of the state we all know that you cross a magic line when you go into Knox County…..   One of us will get them every once in a weird astronomical event like a blue moon, but for the most part they seem to always have our numb….     Hey wait a sec, don’t we have a once in a lifetime eclipse happening on Monday??     Hey Vikes, maybe this is your chance !!!!    As long as Boone wins on Sept 1 I’m totally good with you guys beating Central tonight

9 hours ago, THSSpectre7 said:

its the bobcats and this game wont be within 3 touchdowns. will revisit later tonight.

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Spectre don’t take this personal, but man why is everybody awarding Boone the R1/5A region title already?   The guy @ the JC Press has Boone winning 10 games this season, THS’s coach was asked in an interview and he picked Boone, etc.   Yeah of course as a Blazer fan I would love to see it, but Boone was 5-5 last year and graduated a ton of guys.    I’m just wondering where this is all coming from ???       I would say Morristown East is the front-runner in R1, Cocke Co and Volunteer at the bottom, and everybody else evenly distributed in the middle.

Now as to the Knox Central game, well obviously they made it to Cookeville last year so that has to tell you something, but they also took a big graduation hit.  Knowing nothing much about either team (since no games have been played), I would have to go with Central simply because they are from Knoxville.  Come on guys, don’t act so surprised, up on this end of the state we all know that you cross a magic line when you go into Knox County…..   One of us will get them every once in a weird astronomical event like a blue moon, but for the most part they seem to always have our numb….     Hey wait a sec, don’t we have a once in a lifetime eclipse happening on Monday??     Hey Vikes, maybe this is your chance !!!!    As long as Boone wins on Sept 1 I’m totally good with you guys beating Central tonight

Honestly no clue. I haven't heard a lot about Boone until this hype machine started cranking up. I figure it's about the running back y'all have (if memory serves). Regardless I think Boone should be a playoff team and so should THS but I'm very careful with this team. Reminds me of two years ago with a good amount of talent but I'm not convinced they can close out teams yet. They can go 7-3 or 4-6 and neither would surprise me. THS football is a roller-coaster nowadays haha. I just hope we give the Knoxville boys some grief tonight and play our brand of ball.

Vikings come out excited and play hard.  No secret that stopping Carter is key to beating THS (central knows this).    Vikes show heart early but game is over by the half.  Tough game to open with.  Good thing for Vikes is that next week the tide will turn.   Let's hope for injury free game for both sides and safe travels to and from Knox.