Milan @ Trenton - Week 2

TPeabodyGT

3 hours ago, thedawg44 said:

This was a game milan needed to send a statement especially after Humboldt blowout nobody really knew how good Milan was going to be. Looks like that didn't happen so I don't know about Milan now. Great game Peabody

Milan better do some work on both sides of the line if not Dawgs could be in trouble!

Peabody's game plan execution was the best that I have seen in a long time. Their defense was an aggressive, fearless all out scheme that commited to attacking the run and was backed by very solid tackling.  Their offense was surprisingly aggressive and seemed to keep the Dog's defense off balance and guessing most of the game.  Peabody's ability to continually grind out first downs and dominate the time of possession was the key to pulling off the shocker.  It says a lot about Milan's team that even with the stats so greatly favoring Peabody, they were still in a position to win it at the end. Props to the Peabody players and coaches on a well executed win.  Don't fret about Milan, as they will iron out some things and benefit long term from this temporary setback.  Great high school football game!

30 minutes ago, Manowar said:

And you say I lurk in the shadows to make stupid statements, how did this statement work out for you?

Everyone sees you for what you are an absolute moron. It's a shame you could probably actually contribute something worthwhile to these boards. But instead you choose to act like a middle schooler. What a shame.What a shame.

21 hours ago, Archiewho said:

I was at this game and it was a classic, Both of these teams will win a lot of games.   And anyone who thinks this isn't a rivalry anymore I have to disagree 100%. But Trenton won this game the old fashioned way in the trenches.  The offensive line and defensive lines won out and led Trenton on long clock absorbing drives and maintained good field position and the defensive line was in Milan's backfield a lot which kept their playmakers from getting going.  Trenton's skill players also played with a lot of heart and we're laying it on the line scratching for extra yards. Complete team effort.  Definitely worth the price of admission.

I'll eat my crow grilled please...I predicted Milan by 24 and they didn't even score 24....hats off to the Peabody players and coaching staff....they won the game where games are won...in the trenches...it was known that Milan has a loaded backfield but that doesn't matter if your line doesn't perform....and Peabody dominated both sides of the line....and do any Milan fan besides me wonder why the QB that played in both scrimmages and the jamboree and the Humboldt game didn't start vs Peabody?....he looked VERY good in those games/scrimmages....triple threat...hand off/run/pass...I know the QB last night was the starter last year but he was out all pre-season...just wondering....

Edited by cofo
add

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:05 PM, BlackGoldTsunami said:

here  are  the  stats.   milan  had  3  first down 2  rushing  1  passing.  peabody  had  20  first  downs 12  rushing  6 passing   2  by  pin   .  rushing  in  the 1st  half  milan  had -23  -  12  in  the  2nd - 125 n  the  3rd   7  in  the  4th and  6  in  the  overtime  total  127  yards.    peabody  had  22  in  the  1st  - 63 in the 2nd - 48 in the  3rd   - 70  in  the  4th - 10  in  ot-total 213 .   passing  milan  101-  peabody   110  yards.   milan  had  228   total   yards     .      peabody   323    WOW!!!!!!!      top    peabody    34.2  sec    milan   13 min  68  sec

Now that is something who don't see often stopping Milan for a total of 228 yards. Impressive!

17 hours ago, cofo said:

I'll eat my crow grilled please...I predicted Milan by 24 and they didn't even score 24....hats off to the Peabody players and coaching staff....they won the game where games are won...in the trenches...it was known that Milan has a loaded backfield but that doesn't matter if your line doesn't perform....and Peabody dominated both sides of the line....and do any Milan fan besides me wonder why the QB that played in both scrimmages and the jamboree and the Humboldt game didn't start vs Peabody?....he looked VERY good in those games/scrimmages....triple threat...hand off/run/pass...I know the QB last night was the starter last year but he was out all pre-season...just wondering....

The starting QB was injured at the end of the Henry County scrimmage which was the end of July. The back up QB played in the jamboree, Dyersburg scrimmage, and Humboldt game. He didn't play quarterback against Trenton because he is the backup QB and the starter was released to play. Comparing play against Murray and Humboldt and play against a very capable and prepared Trenton team is like comparing apples & oranges.  Backup QB is starting wideout and is needed in that position.