Milan @ Trenton - Week 2

TPeabodyGT

8 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

A sincere congrats to Peabody!!  You guys played a heck of a game and were the better team tonight. This dawg has much respect and wishes you well. 2A is in big trouble!!!

I said it's those nail biters that make for the memory books.  This one will definitely go down as memorable. You guys played a heck of a game too.  I'm not sure I'll ever wind down for bed. 

8 minutes ago, TPeabodyGT said:

I said it's those nail biters that make for the memory books.  This one will definitely go down as memorable. You guys played a heck of a game too.  I'm not sure I'll ever wind down for bed. 

Yep definitely one for the memories. Those boys on both sides will be sore tomorrow and should feel good about the way both teams fought. Again congrats. 

• Upvote 1

here  are  the  stats.   milan  had  3  first down 2  rushing  1  passing.  peabody  had  20  first  downs 12  rushing  6 passing   2  by  pin   .  rushing  in  the 1st  half  milan  had -23  -  12  in  the  2nd - 125 n  the  3rd   7  in  the  4th and  6  in  the  overtime  total  127  yards.    peabody  had  22  in  the  1st  - 63 in the 2nd - 48 in the  3rd   - 70  in  the  4th - 10  in  ot-total 213 .   passing  milan  101-  peabody   110  yards.   milan  had  228   total   yards     .      peabody   323    WOW!!!!!!!      top    peabody    34.2  sec    milan   13 min  68  sec

2 hours ago, ysoangry said:

Must say that is a little surprising. Sounds like the Tide was ready to play.

I don't mean make any of the Milan fans mad. But the Dawgs were lucky to into ot! Peabody should have won in regulation blowing 3 chances in the first half. Milan has got to work on the OL and DL. Trenton pretty much had it way all night! Good luck to both teams the rest of the year!

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

No matter how it ends Peabody fans ought to like their chances in 7-2A

If they can keep everone healthy  I agree!

I was at this game and it was a classic, Both of these teams will win a lot of games.   And anyone who thinks this isn't a rivalry anymore I have to disagree 100%. But Trenton won this game the old fashioned way in the trenches.  The offensive line and defensive lines won out and led Trenton on long clock absorbing drives and maintained good field position and the defensive line was in Milan's backfield a lot which kept their playmakers from getting going.  Trenton's skill players also played with a lot of heart and we're laying it on the line scratching for extra yards. Complete team effort.  Definitely worth the price of admission.