Milan @ Trenton - Week 2

TPeabodyGT

6 hours ago, TPeabodyGT said:

Well, someone had to start it.  Who wins out of these county rivals?  I'll be curious to see.

You guys had took Booker T to the woodshed much like we did Humboldt. Only problem is that both teams are so bad I don't know that either of us could really tell how good we were. I will say this. Milan is deep. Very deep. Used 5 different rb's last night. 

13 hours ago, TPeabodyGT said:

Well, someone had to start it.  Who wins out of these county rivals?  I'll be curious to see.

Milan wins by at least 35 points! My guess is they will be running clock by the end of the third quarter. Look back at last year Milan beat the snot out of Peabody. Milan is better than last years squad and I don't think Peabody is any better than last year. Milan just has to much depth! I don't mean any disrespect to Peabody. Peabody is no big rival to Milan anymore nor Humboldt. It is simply played for the gate that's all. Its not the fans who want to see this year in and out its the TSSAA. Milan biggest rival now is the Mustangs. In the near future some where down the line these teams will break ties. Even if you don't like Milan you have got to respect  the teams the Dogs put on the field every year! why because of great fan base support and always a good coaching staff. Humboldt and Milan and Trenton will break ties not Dogs and the Mustangs.

Edited by JungleJim125

2 hours ago, JungleJim125 said:

Milan wins by at least 35 points! My guess is they will be running clock by the end of the third quarter. Look back at last year Milan beat the snot out of Peabody. Milan is better than last years squad and I don't think Peabody is any better than last year. Milan just has to much depth! I don't mean any disrespect to Peabody. Peabody is no big rival to Milan anymore nor Humboldt. It is simply played for the gate that's all. Its not the fans who want to see this year in and out its the TSSAA. Milan biggest rival now is the Mustangs. In the near future some where down the line these teams will break ties. Even if you don't like Milan you have got to respect  the teams the Dogs put on the field every year! why because of great fan base support and always a good coaching staff. Humboldt and Milan and Trenton will break ties not Dogs and the Mustangs.

You may have inside knowledge but I personally dont see a split happening..For the reasons you stated..money at the game and schools are in same county and too close for fans..Believe they will keep the Stangs also.Not sure the Stangs have been any better the past several years than Trenton.

2 hours ago, mrbigster said:

You may have inside knowledge but I personally dont see a split happening..For the reasons you stated..money at the game and schools are in same county and too close for fans..Believe they will keep the Stangs also.Not sure the Stangs have been any better the past several years than Trenton.

There is no doubt Milan will play Huntingdon every year its a rivalry. Humboldt and Milan will probably kept playing. But who wants to watch a stomping every year! Not me!

8 hours ago, JungleJim125 said:

the T$$AA doesn't get any share of regular season gates....it all goes to the home team....but they do get their paws on playoff gates....1/3rd.....so I assume they could care less if they play in the regular season since they won't meet in the playoffs...can't believe I'm defending the T$$AA....lol...

Have been holding this under my hat for a while but I think I'm gonna let the cat outta the bag. 

Jamari Weathers looks good in purple. Last name sound familiar to anyone that's because he's Boo Weathers' nephew!!  3 string back behind the two studs Ballard and Norman but he went off for 134yds and a touchdown last week. Only a sophomore!!

I'm not going to come on here and say Peabody is taking Milan to the woodshed. lol.   I just always enjoy the atmosphere at these county rivalry games.  Despite if you think Peabody can compete with Milan, I think this is still a rivalry.  The gate is huge whether it's at Milan or at Peabody.  Everyone knows everyone on both sides for the most part.  It's a game I look forward to every year. 

So call us Poohbooty or whatever.  I respect Milan and the program's history.  I think in Peabody's success in recent years, folks around here wasn't used to it. Even the year we beat you guys.  It just leaves a bad taste in your mouth and folks go on the defensive. The years we're more successful means we're more competitive.  That makes for fun games! 

Our win over Booker T was painful to watch. Just as I would think you all felt when you smashed Humboldt.  And like BPM said, you can't judge Milan or Peabody's performance necessarily when playing a lesser team like that.   I'm just hoping for an injury free and competitive game come Friday!