Humboldt needs to hire another High School Football Coach

JungleJim125

Just now, JungleJim125 said:

:(

No disrespect to Reid. He was a great back when he played for the Vikings back in the 70's. One of the best in the state. He was a good Jr High coach as well. But high school football is totally a different level. He won at the Jr High level on talent alone which you can not do at the High School level. Humboldt has around 40 players and they have got talent all over the field. There is no excuse why Humboldt should not be able to compete in 1A.  They are simply poorly coached. Bad mistake when Humboldt let Bland slip through their hands. If Humboldt don't get a better coach soon the program will die just that simple. Again Reid is a great guy but is not head Coach material! This might make some people mad in Humboldt but the truth hurts. I sure there are plenty of Coacht members will agree with me.

53 minutes ago, JungleJim125 said:

No disrespect to Reid. He was a great back when he played for the Vikings back in the 70's. One of the best in the state. He was a good Jr High coach as well. But high school football is totally a different level. He won at the Jr High level on talent alone which you can not do at the High School level. Humboldt has around 40 players and they have got talent all over the field. There is no excuse why Humboldt should not be able to compete in 1A.  They are simply poorly coached. Bad mistake when Humboldt let Bland slip through their hands. If Humboldt don't get a better coach soon the program will die just that simple. Again Reid is a great guy but is not head Coach material! This might make some people mad in Humboldt but the truth hurts. I sure there are plenty of Coacht members will agree with me.

You are spot on. They did Bland dirty and now they are getting what they deserve. I have no sympathy for them. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You are spot on. They did Bland dirty and now they are getting what they deserve. I have no sympathy for them. 

Big AYYYYMENNN to that BPM. The only disagreement at all with JungleJim's post is that he said "they let Bland slip through their hands", when in fact they had Reid hired before Bland had an idea that he wouldn't still be there. Knifed him in the back and sent him on his way after he'd done a great job for them...both in winning football games and in mentoring his players. I don't believe in karma or jinxes, but they sure brought this on themselves, and I'd love to look the ones responsible in their eyes and ask them if they are satisfied.

5 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Big AYYYYMENNN to that BPM. The only disagreement at all with JungleJim's post is that he said "they let Bland slip through their hands", when in fact they had Reid hired before Bland had an idea that he wouldn't still be there. Knifed him in the back and sent him on his way after he'd done a great job for them...both in winning football games and in mentoring his players. I don't believe in karma or jinxes, but they sure brought this on themselves, and I'd love to look the ones responsible in their eyes and ask them if they are satisfied.

Couldn't have said it better. 

I agree that team has went from a good respectable team to a terrible team that just cant compete.  A better coach would help things a lot good luck to the Vikings talent hope if they got some skilled kids they can get a better coach that knows how to do high school football that can help them win games and maybe get a few of them looked at for a scholarship somewhere

We can all sit here on our electronic device and bash Coach Reid and Humboldt High all they want, but that is unfair to Coach Reid. Truth is, Humboldt has no pride in their school. There's a lack of community support that supports their Vikings. I have no idea how many bottoms are sitting in Humboldt's stadium on Friday nights in the fall. Something I need to look into. I talked to a assistant at Humboldt and he just mainly said that their are athletes at Humboldt have scholarships to play college football but shoot themselves in the foot and stay home. Who's fault is that? Coach Reid? The athlete? Or the parent(s) of that athlete? Sometimes, the community fails too, not saying that this is all on the communities fault. But Humboldt lost 20+ seniors for a 1A school, of course they aren't going to be extremely competitive this year. I didn't think Coach Reid will ever get Humboldt to that 'level' that we are all expecting, but next time I want to see the Humboldt community to support their Vikings, or do a better job at it.

• Upvote 1