Humboldt needs to hire another High School Football Coach

JungleJim125

4 hours ago, Vikeguy123 said:

Football is going down the drain in Humboldt because no one wants to play football everyone wants to play basketball

Not buying that at all, the"trouble" with kids not wanting to play started when Bland left, and will end when the "right guy" takes over. Been there and witnessed it for myself...Scotts Hill had 22 players when Stroup accepted the job, forty something the next year, and between sixty and seventy from then forward. All positive aspects of a program begin with the coach.

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Not buying that at all, the"trouble" with kids not wanting to play started when Bland left, and will end when the "right guy" takes over. Been there and witnessed it for myself...Scotts Hill had 22 players when Stroup accepted the job, forty something the next year, and between sixty and seventy from then forward. All positive aspects of a program begin with the coach.

After Coach Tucker retired. Humboldt had Craig and Glover as Coaches each for five years  in that time Humboldt did not win many games.  Both of them sucked as Coaches. Bland took the head job in 2008 and got a little respect back. The people on the Board that made the call not to kept Bland are all gone down. Hopefully the Board Humboldt now is already looking for new coach. Sheppard is a joke to! For Humboldt this will a long long year!

5 hours ago, wingman10 said:

Reid steps down as head coach..but supposedly remains as an assisteant

The chances of him remaining as an assistant will be slim. He simply drove that program down and quit on the kids. I don't know what to do if I am Humboldt, but I will certainly look into hiring a young and upcoming assistant that will bring a positive vibe into Humboldt football. Good news for Humboldt is that they have time to evaluate their program, if they are willing to do that. They also may have to open the paycheck a little bit, but we all have something to say about Humboldt. They simply have the talent to make a deep playoff run year in and year out. No business for this team to not play Huntingdon in November.

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

The chances of him remaining as an assistant will be slim. He simply drove that program down and quit on the kids. I don't know what to do if I am Humboldt, but I will certainly look into hiring a young and upcoming assistant that will bring a positive vibe into Humboldt football. Good news for Humboldt is that they have time to evaluate their program, if they are willing to do that. They also may have to open the paycheck a little bit, but we all have something to say about Humboldt. They simply have the talent to make a deep playoff run year in and year out. No business for this team to not play Huntingdon in November.

Gotta pay Shaq before you can think of paying another coach

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:09 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

Good post you are right! Humboldt has the talent year in and out and should be able to compete in 1A with no problem.:)