Marion County vs Sequatchie County

Wow reading some of these threads makes you realize just how DUMB some fans are in this Valley. A few are sensible while the rest just want to beat chest and have a pissing contest. Anyways, as for this game I will say Warriors win by 21. Up tempo offense of MC will play big dividends IF Marion can get some early stops. Last week SC had 1 holding call and 1 personal foul and executed a few huge offensive plays to keep drives going along with the one incredible run from the QB. I just don't see those big plays, no turnovers and little to no penalties being duplicated week in and out. If they can though it will be closer than I predict. One thing is for sure SC will be ready to play. Very impressed by their new HC. 

42-21

4 hours ago, MrLegit said:

Pirates also gave them some gifts with poor tackling and penalties. Qb is good, big fullback decent but that's about it. But they are better than hixon. So is Richard hardy

Typical. Three years ago, coach was awful (a year after getting to the state, turned awful). Two years ago, returning coach had to recoach everyone, plus SP was 1A. One year ago, gifts plus 1A playing 3A. This year, gifts again is why it wasn't worse. 

Biggest gifts were for SP in that 2 of the 3 with a lot of experience in varsity for SC weren't available.Senior LB and senior DL. Injuries are part of it always but could have made a major difference in a 7 point game.

Both teams had penalties. Both teams had missed tackles. Some, SC FB and QB, SP FB, were running through tackles. 

Sequatchie will keep getting better each week. First start for nearly all was last Friday. Next game will be another tough one. To get on here and claim SP nearly gave it away the other night, by their own mistakes, poor plays is ignorant.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Indian said:

Typical. Three years ago, coach was awful (a year after getting to the state, turned awful). Two years ago, returning coach had to recoach everyone, plus SP was 1A. One year ago, gifts plus 1A playing 3A. This year, gifts again is why it wasn't worse. 

Biggest gifts were for SP in that 2 of the 3 with a lot of experience in varsity for SC weren't available.Senior LB and senior DL. Injuries are part of it always but could have made a major difference in a 7 point game.

Both teams had penalties. Both teams had missed tackles. Some, SC FB and QB, SP FB, were running through tackles. 

Sequatchie will keep getting better each week. First start for nearly all was last Friday. Next game will be another tough one. To get on here and claim SP nearly gave it away the other night, by their own mistakes, poor plays is ignorant.

Do you have the stats from our game?  If so, would you post them on the game thread    I didn't  get a chance to look.  Just curious.

36 minutes ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

Wow reading some of these threads makes you realize just how DUMB some fans are in this Valley. A few are sensible while the rest just want to beat chest and have a pissing contest. Anyways, as for this game I will say Warriors win by 21. Up tempo offense of MC will play big dividends IF Marion can get some early stops. Last week SC had 1 holding call and 1 personal foul and executed a few huge offensive plays to keep drives going along with the one incredible run from the QB. I just don't see those big plays, no turnovers and little to no penalties being duplicated week in and out. If they can though it will be closer than I predict. One thing is for sure SC will be ready to play. Very impressed by their new HC. 

42-21

Good post.... Jasper wins but I can't say by 21... in my opinion it depends on how well the line can keep up the same level of play they showed in the 1st half of last week's game... Line play in my opinion fell off after halftime!!! They will have to play a full 4 qts this week to beat Sequatchie. I predicted SP by 21 last week and was way wrong Sequatchie must have held way back in the Jamboree. Warriors better have their full attention on the Indians or they could be in for a long night!!! X factor is Saylors...He's the real deal

Edited by FootballFan75
Hit post button before I was done typing my reply