Marion County vs Sequatchie County

4 hours ago, Indian said:

Typical. Three years ago, coach was awful (a year after getting to the state, turned awful). Two years ago, returning coach had to recoach everyone, plus SP was 1A. One year ago, gifts plus 1A playing 3A. This year, gifts again is why it wasn't worse. 

Biggest gifts were for SP in that 2 of the 3 with a lot of experience in varsity for SC weren't available.Senior LB and senior DL. Injuries are part of it always but could have made a major difference in a 7 point game.

Both teams had penalties. Both teams had missed tackles. Some, SC FB and QB, SP FB, were running through tackles. 

Sequatchie will keep getting better each week. First start for nearly all was last Friday. Next game will be another tough one. To get on here and claim SP nearly gave it away the other night, by their own mistakes, poor plays is ignorant.

The only play I would have liked to have back is the fumble that they didn't give SP. Sequatchie went on and scored on that drive. That could have been big if the correct call had been made, but the zebras are human and miss things like any of us would if we were doing it. 

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

and now yours is since all the good 1a teams moved to 2a.  thats what happens when the tssaa waters everything down so much so they can make more money.  Not our fault that 2a was weak, just like now, are you not going to accept the state title if yall get one because there are no teams left to beat the pirates in 1a??

Plenty of teams left to beat the Pirates. We are probably the 3rd or 4th best team in the east right now. Not to mention the west has Dresden, Wayne County, and Huntingdon. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

6 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Sequatchie has a good team.  Indians were better than I expected.  It's either that or the Pirates are not as good as I'd thought they'd be and I don't think that's the case.  

Yall have a better overall team than SC and I think you'll win Friday.   Sequatchie will have to rely on slowing things down and grinding the clock with the ball.  Your front 7 will be tested in this contest and that is where SC hopes to have success.  If they can't sustain and finish their drives it'll be a long night. 

I believe SC is much better than we or I expected. SP will be a tough out as they usually are. No need in comparing schedules and scores cause were all smart enough to know that none of that business matters till the post season, if we all make it to the post season...

3 minutes ago, Astimeexpires01 said:

I believe SC is much better than we or I expected. SP will be a tough out as they usually are. No need in comparing schedules and scores cause were all smart enough to know that none of that business matters till the post season, if we all make it to the post season...

Hard to compare scores as teams match up differently.  Also, SC was missing a player or two that is suppose to be back. 

13 hours ago, Indian said:

Typical. Three years ago, coach was awful (a year after getting to the state, turned awful). Two years ago, returning coach had to recoach everyone, plus SP was 1A. One year ago, gifts plus 1A playing 3A. This year, gifts again is why it wasn't worse. 

Biggest gifts were for SP in that 2 of the 3 with a lot of experience in varsity for SC weren't available.Senior LB and senior DL. Injuries are part of it always but could have made a major difference in a 7 point game.

Both teams had penalties. Both teams had missed tackles. Some, SC FB and QB, SP FB, were running through tackles. 

Sequatchie will keep getting better each week. First start for nearly all was last Friday. Next game will be another tough one. To get on here and claim SP nearly gave it away the other night, by their own mistakes, poor plays is ignorant.

Y'all lost and we won.. all that really matters is at the end of the year when you review your schedule you will have a big L beside South Pittsburg.  Oh.... and Marion County as well. Warriors have their work cut out SC is physical as always but I have MC by 2+ scores.

Edited by PiratePrideChamp