OR @ DB

SweetScience

i dont understand why not more and more of DB fans are not ready for clark to retire. The man has been there 25 years and has done all he will ever do. The game has passed him by. Time to get some new coachs away from the DB tree. Derek hunt maryville coach now applied for the job when coach clark lost his daughter because he thought clark was going to retire then but he didnt and we turned down his application!!!!!!! looks like we lost our future there

49 minutes ago, volsare14 said:

i dont understand why not more and more of DB fans are not ready for clark to retire. The man has been there 25 years and has done all he will ever do. The game has passed him by. Time to get some new coachs away from the DB tree. Derek hunt maryville coach now applied for the job when coach clark lost his daughter because he thought clark was going to retire then but he didnt and we turned down his application!!!!!!! looks like we lost our future there

How did Maryville's coach apply for a job that wasn't even open?

There is no way Derek Hunt applied for the DB job. Derek told me back in 2008 that his dream job would be coaching at Maryville High School. He would have been happy to be an assistant under George Quarles for another 20 years had George stayed that long. George Quarles was at Maryville 22 years. 4 years as an assistant and 18 years as head coach. I also knew there would be a chance George would leave if Furman had an opening. Derek Hunt will never leave Maryville for another job. Derek Hunt will retire at Maryville. 

Just now, volsare14 said:

im just repeating what was said to me from a very reliadble source that would have no reason lying about it within the DB athletics

Doesn't matter if he applied or if Clark had retired. There's no way they would of hired anyone that is not in their "good ole boy club". I think Clark is going to retire on his own or is forced to retire after he stinks up this season, and you can mark it down, they'll hire someone even worse. 

2 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Doesn't matter if he applied or if Clark had retired. There's no way they would of hired anyone that is not in their "good ole boy club". I think Clark is going to retire on his own or is forced to retire after he stinks up this season, and you can mark it down, they'll hire someone even worse. 

why cant they just go outside the family and bring in something fresh 

Just read the DB game article in the Kingsport paper.

...DB committed 13 penalties, 8 in the second half. How many did OR have against HVA?

...Lost three turnovers. How many did OR have?

...Gained 420 yards! Our defense will have to continue to improve to stop the run.

...Dee Williams took a pass on the Indians' second play 68 yards for a TD. Sounds like Stewart to Martin on the Cats first snap.

I hope OR makes a load of progress from HVA to DB.

Limit turnovers, penalties and DB rushing yards and the Wildcats squeak out a 21 -17 victory.

In a huge upset, ORHS Marching Wildcat Band defeats the Tribe Band 5 songs to 4 songs. J/K

Just now, volsare14 said:

why cant they just go outside the family and bring in something fresh 

I'll try to explain it by comparing it to that "Swamp" in Washington DC and how Trump thought he could come in and drain all the swamp creatures. Their embedded pretty deep at DB. Their not going to let a new coach come in and start making changes to the staff. Which is what would have to happen to right the ship. Somebody who is currently on the staff now will be named head coach when Clark leaves.