Govs take on them blue raiderz of cleveland

31 minutes ago, WBGOV123 said:

So I read these a lot and have never commented but I felt compelled to do so. Coach Shad is a great coach, and an even better man. He loves each and every kid that walks through the doors at WB and is a great role model. He would be the first to admit we shouldn't have lost to LC. We were the more talented team. I would disagree with anyone that says we were more talented than AC. They had some big ole boys up front. But for anyone to imply that Coach shad needs to be gone is naive. That would be horrible for the program at this point. 

Whether it's fair or unfair,

The head coach will always get credit for the successes or blamed for the failures of a football program. Here we are in year 3 under Shad and things have not changed for the better. And, they have actually gotten worse this year. We are 0-2 and havent looked good at all in either game and we have yet to play a 6A team. 

You mentioned Anderson County. We looked lost on defense in that game, turned the ball over, and got stupid penalties as usual. What the heck is going on down there? Its clear that something is not right. In Shad's own words, this is the most athletic and talented team he has had at WB. He said that on multiple occasions during the pre-season. Why arent they playing like it? I'm just concerned by what I have seen so far this season. It is obvious something has gone wrong somewhere. Whether Shad is to blame or someone/something else, I hope it can be fixed. 

4 hours ago, Butchjohns69 said:

News coming out of Wb is seniors have been benched for the game tomorrow half jv squad is starting . They won tonight 30-28 over Anderson Co and are undefeated on the season. 

So what your saying is the wheels are already starting to come off. I thought we would at least get to game seven before that happened.21mx6dd.jpg

8 hours ago, WBGOV123 said:

So I read these a lot and have never commented but I felt compelled to do so. Coach Shad is a great coach, and an even better man. He loves each and every kid that walks through the doors at WB and is a great role model. He would be the first to admit we shouldn't have lost to LC. We were the more talented team. I would disagree with anyone that says we were more talented than AC. They had some big ole boys up front. But for anyone to imply that Coach shad needs to be gone is naive. That would be horrible for the program at this point. 

There have been a lot of first time posters on this thread....just curious, have you had a son play for Shad? I know there are probably those that agree your statement, but I also can assure you that there are many that couldn't disagree more with your statement.....

23 minutes ago, jake said:

There have been a lot of first time posters on this thread....just curious, have you had a son play for Shad? I know there are probably those that agree your statement, but I also can assure you that there are many that couldn't disagree more with your statement.....

Yes I can say I have had a son play for Coach Shad at Blackman. It was probably a much different than what he has to contend with now. I can say he really did a good job with building not only a good team, but character as well.  I don't know all the nuiances he has to contend with there in Blount county, but as far as coaching and people go. He is one of the best. That is our personal experience I am sure others may be different  

53 minutes ago, jake said:

I haven't and I can understand where you are coming from. But I've been around coaches at WB that were far far worse people than Coach Shad could ever think about being. But I feel like parents who are unhappy with him are because they weren't successful over the last couple of years. I don't believe any of this would be a conversation if they were 5-5 the last couple years but it's easy for everyone to jump off the train with a couple bad seasons. 

2 minutes ago, WBGOV123 said:

I haven't and I can understand where you are coming from. But I've been around coaches at WB that were far far worse people than Coach Shad could ever think about being. But I feel like parents who are unhappy with him are because they weren't successful over the last couple of years. I don't believe any of this would be a conversation if they were 5-5 the last couple years but it's easy for everyone to jump off the train with a couple bad seasons. 

Fair enough....to be honest, I shouldn't have replied to your first post the way I did and I apologize.  I was involved down there for a long time with youth sports and then my son playing down there, and I did not make that comment based on the won / loss record....but this is no place for me to make those comments so again, I apologize.