Trousdale @ Watertown

Ole3putt

On 8/26/2017 at 4:15 PM, RTD said:

TC has to fix the special team problems almost cost them first game with muff punt that TC recover but special teams did cost them the game VS FC they need to put #8 back at returning punts like last year when he had 4 special team TD's

First year I have ever seen FC special teams all across the board better than TC.   FC OLine had worn TC down by the 4th.  Once FC lined up in the jumbo package, TC had no answer.  Great football game between two very strong teams.  TC will benefit from this game just as FC will benefit as the season moves on.  It has already been said in this thread and I agree, Iron sharpens Iron.  Hope to see this rivalry continue to meet on the gridiron.  

57 minutes ago, GoldTrident said:

First year I have ever seen FC special teams all across the board better than TC.   FC OLine had worn TC down by the 4th.  Once FC lined up in the jumbo package, TC had no answer.  Great football game between two very strong teams.  TC will benefit from this game just as FC will benefit as the season moves on.  It has already been said in this thread and I agree, Iron sharpens Iron.  Hope to see this rivalry continue to meet on the gridiron.  

That is something that I seen in both these first games for TC. The other team thought and tried to just pound them down with the running game. 

They have got to be better on special teams, clean up the penalties, bad snaps and just overall get better on offense if they want to go as far as they hope. Because if this team keeps giving the other team the ball the better teams are gonna slowly grind them down.

We will find out this week (weather permitting) because supposedly Watertown while lacking weapons compared to last year is still very good up front on both sides of the ball.

57 minutes ago, GoldTrident said:

Exactly right iron sharpens iron and since both teams aren't in same region this game would be great for years to come they both make each other better even though both teams leach each other batterierd and bruise both h teams came out better than before the game 

2 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

That is something that I seen in both these first games for TC. The other team thought and tried to just pound them down with the running game. 

They have got to be better on special teams, clean up the penalties, bad snaps and just overall get better on offense if they want to go as far as they hope. Because if this team keeps giving the other team the ball the better teams are gonna slowly grind them down.

We will find out this week (weather permitting) because supposedly Watertown while lacking weapons compared to last year is still very good up front on both sides of the ball.

Yea TC needs to actually use some of the depth it has and substitute more so that the team doesn't run down especially when you having 10 or more plays in a scoring drive then same players stay on field for special teams and then stay on field for defense you can let some of starters come out for 1 to 2 plays just to give them a break 

Just now, TheAmbassador said:

They are in 3A. 

Yes but Jasper beat them last year and supposedly Dunlap was a better team last year.  I was merely pointing out that Jasper isn't an automatic.  We don't really know how Dunlap and Jasper stacks up this year.