SGC v Bolivar Central

ManOfMillions

YIKES!!!!!!  This has SO many elements working in it. I think SGC has a better defense and central has the better offense. I am not real sure which one will stand up and make the plays it must to win the game. Both schools have really big senior classes with a lot returning on both sides of the ball. Having a hard time picking a score in this contest. 

I have talked with several people and Im going to say this game is going to be a shoot out. The last team with the ball in its hands wins the game. Kinda a coin flip. Im banking on SGC being able to effectively execute its triple option will be the difference in the contest. This will set the tone for this region. 

Looks like there is going to be a ton of media at the game. ( game of the week for wbbj, 95.7 and e+)

SGC -35

Central - 34

Edited by ManOfMillions

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

YIKES!!!!!!  This has SO many elements working in it. I think SGC has a better defense and central has the better offense. I am not real sure which one will stand up and make the plays it must to win the game. Both schools have really big senior classes with a lot returning on both sides of the ball. Having a hard time picking a score in this contest. 

I have talked with several people and Im going to say this game is going to be a shoot out. The last team with the ball in its hands wins the game. Kinda a coin flip. Im banking on SGC being able to effectively execute its triple option will be the difference in the contest. This will set the tone for this region. 

Looks like there is going to be a ton of media at the game. ( game of the week for wbbj, 95.7 and e+)

SGC -35

Central - 34

All I have to go on is what I saw if both teams last season. I know both brought back a ton. But I really think that Bolivar has a big edge on talent. So does SGC have the coaching to make up for the lack in athleticism??

i think the triple option is going to pose some problems for Bolivar cause they are going to have to be very disciplined on defense and stay with their keys to defend it. D lineman will have to fill a gap and the LBS will have to stay with their assigned key or it will be a long night. If this turns into a shootout I think Bolivar wins because of the big time playmakers and speed they have. Don't know which way I'm going yet. Will chime back in later in the week. 

17 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I have no clue, but Bolivar looked very strong when they crushed us last year.

This game will have a big impact on 7AAA standing.

Don't know if this game will have a huge impact on the standings or not. Just truly believe that the winner of Milan/Bolivar will finish first with the Winner of SGC/Covington finishing 3rd. If Bolivar plays Bolivar football, the Tigers will win pretty easily.

Bolivar 42, South Gibson 20.

As a guy who sat out in the rain last night for the University of Memphis game, I can't fathom why high school games in West Tennessee would not be played tonight as scheduled. The rain is "outta here". Even if it rained, football should never be cancelled for just rain. Now, lightning is a different story, but this system did not produce any.