Oak Ridge vs Farragut

WilleTheWildcat

20 hours ago, catswild said:

The only way that score happens is if we have countless bad snaps (that may be likely) and the defense is on the field all night.  Improvement and getting better is NEEDED

Score happened but worse.I just hate it for some of these players who are really good and fighting their butt off.We have more games to turn it around but if the same bad things don't get better we have to move on.I don't feel good about any game we have left this yr.When u cant score u cant beat anybody.And I will take our QB,RB and WRs over almost any team in East TN,That is how bad the coaching is on offense.

After  a few years of the middle school program, the high school program seems awesome to me!  The coaches work with the kids, and really seem to care about them.  Because of this, I won't criticize, and I sincerely hope that the coaches can fix whatever problems need fixing.  I will say that at a recent JV game, one of the parents mentioned the same thing that was said on this thread earlier....the JV not getting enough attention.  They are mostly standing around watching Varsity.  So, if this Varsity is mostly last year's JV, maybe they just are not up to speed bc of not enough practice in previous years?  Just a thought. If so, I hope JV starts getting more attention.

Also, the line....I'm very partial to lineman bc my son was one, at a different school.  At 6'4", 235 lbs, I'm not seeing that kind of size on this team.  He played TE and DL (All East Tn).  The lineman on his team used to push that contraption with the pads all over the field.  Can't remember what it's called, but it seemed to work. I haven't noticed one on the field at OR.  At any rate, their line was really strong, both ways. 

Well, I don't have the answer to last night's game, but I have confidence in the players and coaches.  I stand behind them 100 %, win or lose.  Go Wildcats!

20 hours ago, oridgecat said:

44, Yall played well.  Hats off.  Good win.

We gotta get to work and get better fast.  Another tough team coming our way. 

Thank you. 

I know you guys are disappointed, but I thought this game was much closer than the final score. This game easily could have been tied (or thereabouts in either direction) going into half.

I actually came away impressed with the Oak Ridge defensive front and inside backers. I saw a couple of technique issues at times in the down linemen imo, but nothing that can't be fixed. I thought they not only occupied gaps, but they were actually in on a lot of hits. In fact, given what you guys were committing on the backend, I was a little disappointed in Farragut's inability to run the football at times when you guys had no more than 5-6 in the box – it was frustrating.

It is tough for any team to overcome -4 in the turnover category, especially with two of them occurring in the red zone – man, that is so deflating.

Turnovers, along with dropped passes, really hurt you guys as well. I saw at least a couple of dropped passes that would have converted first downs, along with a couple that were set up – but thrown short – that might very well have converted first downs.

It is just my opinion, but I think #2 needs to be more involved in the run game – perhaps more designed runs from QB draw, boot and reverse boot, midline, etc.

Good luck the rest of the way. I have a feeling you guys will get it turned around.

Edited by Former44

40 minutes ago, Former44 said:

Thank you. 

I know you guys are disappointed, but I thought this game was much closer than the final score. This game easily could have been tied (or thereabouts in either direction) going into half.

I actually came away impressed with the Oak Ridge defensive front and inside backers. I saw a couple of technique issues at times in the down linemen imo, but nothing that can't be fixed. I thought they not only occupied gaps, but they were actually in on a lot of hits. In fact, given what you guys were committing on the backend, I was a little disappointed in Farragut's inability to run the football at times when you guys had no more than 5-6 in the box – it was frustrating.

It is tough for any team to overcome -4 in the turnover category, especially with two of them occurring in the red zone – man, that is so deflating.

Turnovers, along with dropped passes, really hurt you guys as well. I saw at least a couple of dropped passes that would have converted first downs, along with a couple that were set up – but thrown short – that might very well have converted first downs.

It is just my opinion, but I think #2 needs to be more involved in the run game – perhaps more designed runs from QB draw, boot and reverse boot, midline, etc.

Good luck the rest of the way. I have a feeling you guys will get it turned around.

Coming from a guy who seems to know a lot about the game, that's very encouraging to hear. As a fan it's easy to get carried away after such a lopsided defeat, but as the saying goes things are never as good as they seem, and never as bad as they seem. Baby steps at this point....Congratulations to the fans and players of Farragut. It's now 30-13 in our favor for the overall lead in the series, when 10-12 years ago y'all only had about 5 victories in the whole series. I wish y'all the best in the 6A playoffs, 44. You're a class act.

Edited by SweetScience

Turnovers. "The team that makes the fewest mistakes wins" sound familiar.  Two fumbles inside the 20, a pick 6 on the 30, take them out and the game is 28-21, Farragut may have still won, but it's a lot closer. We got to cut down on turnovers, improve offensive execution and not leave the defense on the field so long as was the case in all our games so far.  West has a very strong defensive team, with a very strong D Line, so let's get the bugs out in practice this week and be ready Friday night! We can run the table, but we got to play hard, mistake free football.

4 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Turnovers. "The team that makes the fewest mistakes wins" sound familiar.  Two fumbles inside the 20, a pick 6 on the 30, take them out and the game is 28-21, Farragut may have still won, but it's a lot closer. We got to cut down on turnovers, improve offensive execution and not leave the defense on the field so long as was the case in all our games so far.  West has a very strong defensive team, with a very strong D Line, so let's get the bugs out in practice this week and be ready Friday night! We can run the table, but we got to play hard, mistake free football.

Turnovers and dropped passes, one for a TD. I was encouraged early but our mistakes took us out of the game. Let's get ready for West. But what I remember of what little I watched on TV a couple of weeks ago is that their defense is very good. That's scary for OR

On 9/9/2017 at 10:30 AM, KnoxVil said:

As osunut2 says, I don't think you guys will have much trouble with West. They just aren't very good. They pretty much do only have a NG on defense. I'm saying OR turns it around this week! 

My new new prediction for the region

Fulton

OR

Powell

CC

I think West will beat Powell badly and they will also beat CC. Because of OR's inability to run the ball this game is a toss up Friday night IMO