COACHT DISCRIMINATES

wildcats7

Question for you Stokomo - do you think the posters that are claiming discrimination should "be gone" based on CoachT's Terms of Service listed below?

Be Gone: If you are under the impression that these are free-for-all forums, or that we somehow are a public discussion center that allows all FREE SPEECH, you can go elsewhere. This is a privately operated website and has established rules of etiquette. You are a guest here and have been extended privileges provided you follow our rules. These message boards are not your right. You are not given a right to post anything you want here. If you cannot deal with these rules, feel free to find an uncivilized forum out there.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under the "be gone" rule, Define "rules of etiquette." Like I said before, If they are using bad, or profane, language then they should be kicked off. If you want to classify certain words as ebinocs, that's discrimination. In actuality, "Yo" and "Ya'll" fall under the same category. Now I ask you, where is the difference in the two words? Maybe in generalizing the two you might say "Yo" came from an average of the ghetto, and "Ya'll" came from deep south country "folk." There's another word "folk" that I see a lot. You see, when we act on a person's words, that is discrimination.

chxian....... GREAT post.....

Why is everyone CRYING on here...... This is the most outstanding Website I have ever come accross, and it has been one of the better things to happen to High School sports as far as media goes...... CoachT puts so much effort into this site to make it as enjoyable and informative as possible, I really don't think anyone on HIS website should have the nerve to COMPLAIN. If you don't like the site or the rules, get off this site and go to another one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stokomo - I've always been fashionably late to parties and this one is not an exception. I'm really not familiar with the background as to what the banished posters were doing but we have common agreement that bad language was the culprit for their initial dismissal from the board. Rules of etiquette can only be defined by CoachT and neither of us may like it because they are subjective and may not be the rules we would like to see. I do want to challenge you on the assumption that they are banished without cause this time. Personally, I don't care what type of grammar is used - everyone has their own style which makes them unique; however, the reason I would concur with their present banishment is that past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior. This doesn't mean people can't or won't change because we all know those that do. If CoachT chooses to keep them from coming back on the board under this premise alone then it is their choice, not discrimination.

Exactly. We are visitors on this site, not the bosses. CoachT does everything for the site so that all can enjoy Tennessee High School Sports. We SHOULD NOT COMPLAIN!! Besides, use a different e-mail and make a new profile, DUH!!

Also, bad grammar and language make you simply look stupid. Many times people have had good points but they are ignored because of the misspellings and grammar issues. If you want someone to pay attention to what you say, make it worth paying attention to.

P.S. Gomab, did you hear about Reece Bishop's and Randal Harrell's games Tuesday? You know they are both going to move up your list. ;)

The primary person you are referring to knows exactly why he has been banned. He and I have communicated several times by email, at several of his email addresses, and I have allowed him back in only to see the same thing continue. In fact, I'm sure he will read this himself some time today under a new user name and, as long as he follows the guidelines he and I have set, I will never even know he is here.

The reasons he is banned has nothing to do with ebonics, or bad grammar, or anything along those lines. If that were the case there would be a lot fewer members on all of the boards. By the way, it has nothing to do with profanity, either, in case you wondered.

One last thing- there are around 8,000 people who visit these boards daily. Most of them talk sports, poke a little fun at someone occasionally, and go right back to talking about high school sports. Those are the ones for which this site is intended. If a member has a different agenda then surely he/she can find a better place to spend his time than on this web site.

Posted by wildcats7:

Man coacht what is your problem? I mean i just wanted why you kick people off for no reason? if any other person had said the same thing that those guys from the 3 6 mafia clan you would let it slide and they would still be posting. i know that they probably deserved to get kicked off once or twice but i haven't read anything bad they have wrote in a long time. all they do is put some life into these boards. i know that djpauls nephew's last post wasn't bad cause i just got through reading it. he hasn't said anything bad under his name the hole time. just cause he made a post that spoke the truth your gonna kick him off?

could you please just reply and tell me what the deal is. thank you. proud supperter of the 3 6 clan!

No Coacht does not discriminate at least while he is in HIS own house (this website). He invites everyone to visit, if he did not that would be HIS choice. He decides when you have worn out your welcome at HIS house and has the right to ask you to leave HIS house. If you don't leave that is trespassing and he can remove you from HIS house. Goodbye!

naw it wasnt them cause the person under the names cant get on here anymore. coacht put a block on his computer so he cant get on this website anymore. and i think that people should get kicked off if they keep doing wrong things but these people got kicked off when they got a different name and they didnt even put anything bad on here.

Yes, CoachT discriminates and I am glad he does. Read "Terms of Service" #18.

Read "Terms of Service" -

6. Be Real: We require your E-Mail address and zip code, so others will know where you are coming from. The password system insures no one can impersonate you. We reserve the right to disallow the use of Web Based E-Mail accounts as contact addresses due to the ease of impersonation and use of fake names when using these services. Multiple user names by the same person is unacceptable and could result in termination of ALL such names.

The question was addressed to Wildcats22 and you answered as whosyadady. So are you both? Busted? ;)

[Edited by Bighurt on 11-21-02 4:54P]