Marion vs. Tyner

powerp

2 hours ago, CastIronHero said:

This one can cause problems for MC because tyner can match them athlete for athlete. I say after they see last weeks film they will prob be Crowding the LOS on D and send pressure from everywhere and I'm not sure Marion can block them.. I still pick Marion in this one by 2-3 scores, but don't count out the Rams, they will be ready to play, As for quarterfinals it's possible for Marion. There's a lot of football left to play and lots of time for improvement. If they look like they did Friday come quarterfinals they will be putting on gym shorts shooting layups....mc by atleast 14..

These are all good points, but lets not forget that Tyner isn't exactly lighting people up. Lost to Signal Mtn who is not good this year. An OK win over an OK Polk County Team and an OK win over a bad Howard team. If Marion can start fast, which they can, this one will be over in 10 minutes. If not, Marion will still probably beat them by a couple of scores.

1 hour ago, TigerNation said:

These are all good points, but lets not forget that Tyner isn't exactly lighting people up. Lost to Signal Mtn who is not good this year. An OK win over an OK Polk County Team and an OK win over a bad Howard team. If Marion can start fast, which they can, this one will be over in 10 minutes. If not, Marion will still probably beat them by a couple of scores.

I agree. Shouldn't be a ball game but I think it may end up that way... if Marion responds to last weeks game with some hunger and wanting to prove some people wrong about the physicality of the team, they can make it ugly. If they play with the physicality of last week tyner will keep it close. Formula to beat jasper, play a physical game, make them throw the ball, and beat you with anyone but saylors... and in my opinion that's not hard to do when every skill player on the team for tyner can run with #8 for MC.. I have Marion by atleast a couple touchdowns. I'm not saying tyner is a team full of D1 prospects but I think the way they play along with the speed they have, they can cause Marion, in particular, some problems.

I have confidence that our coaches will have us ready to play. Coach Mathis has had this game circled since the preseason as very important. This game will give us the region championship so we will be ready to go. I think it is funny that people do not believe what I am saying about our team. The Pitchburg game is over. In this game you will see Coach Mathis do some new things and run a few different plays. He has saved some of his best stuff all season for this game because it is the most important game for our season. Pitchburg was a little better than I thought they would be but it could have been much closer. After they got the safety I think it just got all of our players down on the sideline. We have to do a better job of coming back strong when someone takes the lead. I think we win this game over Tyner by a score of 42-20. As always it is a great day to be a warrior.

FEAR THE WING, FEAR THE TEAM, & FEAR THE BEARD!

3 hours ago, MarionMadness said:

I have confidence that our coaches will have us ready to play. Coach Mathis has had this game circled since the preseason as very important. This game will give us the region championship so we will be ready to go. I think it is funny that people do not believe what I am saying about our team. The Pitchburg game is over. In this game you will see Coach Mathis do some new things and run a few different plays. He has saved some of his best stuff all season for this game because it is the most important game for our season. Pitchburg was a little better than I thought they would be but it could have been much closer. After they got the safety I think it just got all of our players down on the sideline. We have to do a better job of coming back strong when someone takes the lead. I think we win this game over Tyner by a score of 42-20. As always it is a great day to be a warrior.

I think after last week you need to refrain from making any predictions!!!... I'm pretty sure your like a curse to the Warriors 

6 hours ago, MarionMadness said:

This is one post that I think I can agree with you on. Sometimes you get so used to winning games, that when someone starts putting it to you you don't really know how to react. That's happened to Marion a few times in the past few years. But they win the games they should for the most part. And they will this week.. but can't sleep in this tyner team I just don't really think they are the type of team their record may imply. I'll be at this game probably so hope to see some of these new plays you speak of... they won't be hard to notice...he only runs 5 other plays... 

Edited by CastIronHero