Greenback at GCA!!!

orngnblk

3 minutes ago, nakedbootlegger said:

No kidding. GB fans are being ridiculous. Sounds like they took a whippin and was forced to like it. Move on. 

I was on their sideline running the chains. Their coaches and players all were polite and cordial even when things got chippy with the coach being ejected. Coaches and players know we as GCA people had nothing to do with officiating.  I don't blame coach for getting ejected. Very questionable call and he felt strongly against it and probably felt he was protecting his players. But it was the students and adults in the stands yelling and insulting. Greenback administrator brought 3 Knox County Deputies to their side because he said they were out of control. I know the players were mad at calls, but they were respectful and friendly. I think the people in the stands were more angry than the actual players.   It's HS football, not life or death. Also I'd appreciate you not bash our Christian school and parents for something we couldn't control 

So many people on here that really just shouldn't post. Did y'all stop and see ole popcorn suttons old moonshine hut on the way home!? An accusation of buying the refs to win a game that y'all called and asked for is ridiculous! I get a big laugh every time a school outside of knox county calls us yuppies or says things like go hide behind daddy's money. Seems like before those games the comments are those sissy city boys can't hit or play and then you come down here and get whooped by normal people and you resort back to calling us rich sissies. Well logic would dictate if we are sissies and we line the ball up and RUN IT DOWN THE THROAT OF YOUR DEFENSE then that means y'all are worse than sissies! Seriously y'all can cry and throw all the tantrums you want. Lean on those excuses and cheap insults as you hide behind your screens you cowards. It's pretty sad to resort to blaming someone else for your mistakes. Also I think both sides agreed the refs were bad. There were plenty of bad calls both ways and no one can deny that. 

Now I know a lot of good respectable folks from greenback and I'm friends with several. Heck the coach I hold in the highest esteem in my life came from greenback. I know this kind of crap now seeing isn't how most cherokees are. It's time to take y'all a good nap and wake up ready for the next game. it's over you lost on your own merits and the Rams won with good old fashioned running and clock control. 

49 minutes ago, GbMan said:

Ya it's  funny coming from a Christian school you should be ashamed!! I don't take it to lightly being a Christian and seeing the dishonesty that I seen tonight. Your the ones that are making yourself look bad! Pretty sad!

We should be ashamed? For what? Playing a better game.

How were our players being dishonest? You might have a problem with the refs, but Grace players played a good game. They just wanted it more.

its funny that you think Grace is making itself look bad..... yet your the ones complaining about the refs being “bought and paid for”.

Pot calling the kettle black ? I think so. 

Let you in on a little secret there slim, there are plenty of games that Grace gets bad calls by the refs. Yet, you don’t here us getting on the message boards, crying about the mean ‘ol refs. Or accusing the other team of paying them off. Only sore losers do that.....  Do I think they are the best team out there or that Grace is gonna win it all? Probably not. 

But I know they played harder and wanted it more tonight!

this is the real world. Not everyone gets a trophy.

So quit blaming the loss on everyone but the ones who deserve it... the players who were to sure of themselves that they had this game in the bag. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, hockeystik said:

No, I did not have to use spell check. I have no dog in this fight. I was there covering the game because I am part of the media. I got paid to be there no matter who won the game. I have been there may times over the last 18 yeasr for games and it the same BS no matter who they play. 

You must be with CNN. Nothing like calling it honestly. Accusing Grace of playing this way for 18 years. Give me a break. 

9 minutes ago, ladykee said:

Your plays weren't called back like all our big plays but the one scoring drive. Live action & video don't lie. We go up 7-0 and the flags started flying. Our linemen get held and nothing. Changed the whole game. 

There is holding on every play. You just got to be good at getting away with it.

55 minutes ago, hockeystik said:

No, I did not have to use spell check. I have no dog in this fight. I was there covering the game because I am part of the media. I got paid to be there no matter who won the game. I have been there may times over the last 18 yeasr for games and it the same BS no matter who they play. 

You not a Greenback fan?    Your content shows nothing but Greenback threads.

Edited by rtl112

I'm actually a fan of both GCA and Greenback and would have loved to seen this game live but I went to the Maryville -Fulton game and did everything in my power to keep from hearing the score because I wanted to come home right after and watch the replay on DiamondClearMedia which I did. There was one big mouth that yelled 13-7 but I never knew if it was a final or what but I did watch this game replay. Unbelievable amount of calls by the refs this evening for sure. I hate stuff like that because it slows a game down to a crawl. The honest truth is you could just about make a call on every play if you wanted to no matter what game it is. Most of those officials were older and would not have ever attended GCA since it's a newer school. The TSSAA tells the officials where their going game after game not the schools. Being from Maryville we all love the Cherokee's there and always give them a standing ovation when their scores are announced. Have lots of great friends from Greenback I enjoy taking to every week about football. I also had a family member play for GCA the past two years and got to meet some real great people there that I have great friendships with. This turned out to be a great game tonight win or lose and good luck to both teams the rest of the way this year.

• Upvote 2

The game played tonight was very sad. Sad in the fact that the refs actually took the game out of the players hands.  For what I have heard there were 37 penalties called.  35 against GB and 2 against GCA. Even if I had not seen it for myself and had only heard this, I would have thought that GCA must have been playing a team that could not even line up. We all know that is not the case, Greenback is rated 5th in the state in 1A football and there is no way that Grace can compete with them. The refs were a factor in this game and anyone that says they were not doesn't know anything about the game of football. Our boys were defeated in spirit not by a better football team and what was done to them by a group of adult men is despicable! Say we are sore losers, but the facts are facts.  GREENBACK GOT ROBBED NOT BEATEN!

I just love this idea that good teams don’t have bad days. That if they lose, it must be a conspiracy. I don’t care who you are or what you do, there will be days when you lose. It’s that simple. You may not like it, you may not agree with it, but that is a fact. 

Did you ever consider, even for a moment, that tonight was their night to lose? Yes, Grace is not ranked as high or may be a state champion, but maybe they just wanted it more tonight. Sure, there were bad calls on both sides, but just because Greenback lost, does not automatically mean a “fix was in”. That is just entitlement talking. “We deserve it cause we are ranked better...”

The better team got beat tonight, because the other team wanted it more and played harder. Complain, cry, scream all you want... the fact of the matter is Grace won and their players deserve the credit for playing a smarter and tougher game.