Greenback at GCA!!!

orngnblk

33 minutes ago, PIRATE87 said:

OB it may have been discussed earlier so my apologies . but you guys had a good team last season and sounds like you are headed for another shot representing the east. What key players did you guys lose from last year and who returns?  Any standout newbies filling the shoes of a key position for someone who graduated ? Good luck tonight!

No apologies needed!Lost a Mr football finalist RB,lost THE MR FOOTBALL LINEMAN.Lost an All State DB/QB,lost All State TE/DE all huge losses.

But we have a lot of talent back and these kids have played together since the were 4 or 5 years old great group and mostly Jr's.Our QB play is just as good IMO maybe a little more accurate but he is a tad smaller.#6 the beast fullback LB is back and he is all that!Got a big line that seems to get better every week.We are missing Silvey on the D front For sure.

8 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

No apologies needed!Lost a Mr football finalist RB,lost THE MR FOOTBALL LINEMAN.Lost an All State DB/QB,lost All State TE/DE all huge losses.

But we have a lot of talent back and these kids have played together since the were 4 or 5 years old great group and mostly Jr's.Our QB play is just as good IMO maybe a little more accurate but he is a tad smaller.#6 the beast fullback LB is back and he is all that!Got a big line that seems to get better every week.We are missing Silvey on the D front For sure.

That's pretty much what I saw too. That QB scares me. He's super fast and he just looks like a gamer. 6 is going to do what 6 does. He's a hammer. I think this one is going to be everything you and I have hoped for the past couple of years. Should be a good game. See you over at Mecca a little later. 

13 hours ago, gcapride said:

Haha! Good to see you chiming in Tom. Maybe we'll get to meet up again the day after Thanksgiving! You still have family in the shadows of our church steeple?

Yep, they are still there. Both their kids went to Pre-K at GCA but are now enrolled in another nearby school

Edited by piratetom

playing at grace is worth at least  7 points anytime....so with that being said I will say gback 35-28...im thinking someone in the secondary will have to have a big night for us to pull out a win...im thinking that guy will be #23 on defense....and on offense I think we should pound the ball until they stop us....thinking #6 will have a big night on offense ....get the W and have a couple of weeks rest before a BIG game  with a lot on the line

40 minutes ago, Jim1972 said:

Smashmouth???37 passes last game is not smashmouth.

That's what I was saying earlier...I wouldn't be so concerned with their QB scrambling, GB can contain him and the backs....Lbrs have to be disciplined. Can't get sucked in and leave the screen open for big gains....and they HAVE to get hands on the TE....Now the concern lies in GB's secondary and them not getting caught up defending the SB's 10-yd digs and allowing receivers to get behind them...I'd rather give up a few yards than TD's

27 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

That's what I was saying earlier...I wouldn't be so concerned with their QB scrambling, GB can contain him and the backs....Lbrs have to be disciplined. Can't get sucked in and leave the screen open for big gains....and they HAVE to get hands on the TE....Now the concern lies in GB's secondary and them not getting caught up defending the SB's 10-yd digs and allowing receivers to get behind them...I'd rather give up a few yards than TD's

Yep! Can't get caught watching the show up front or you'll be crying watching the show behind you in the end zone!

38 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

All good points even Jim!