Polk Co vs Whitwell

TigerfootballFan

52 minutes ago, TheOlMan said:

I don't care how much they win by just as long as Whitwell wins. I would like to see a blowout. I want to see an undefeated Tigers team go into Beene Stadium. That would make for a lot of broken hearts and crushed dreams when Vic lays 60 on them.

We just hope to stay within 3-4 Tds.

Edited by TigerfootballFan

12 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

SP had their feelings hurt twice against Polk County. They had 6 good teams in a row. SP went 4-2 against them during that time. All of the games were tough ones. 

And SP had more talent in all 6.  Coach Davis is a great coach.  SP has a really good staff now, they don't have to rely on the talent advantage like before. 

Edited by PeterGriffin75

Whitwell is having a very good year this year but the schedule gets to killers role..(Polk County, Trousdale County and South Pittsburgh) Great scheduling former coach...lol. All three will be extremely tough games basically because they have good teams also! Derrick Davis may not have the talent of past years but the man is a good coach...they will play hard and be prepared. Will they be good enough to beat Whitwell? Thats the fun of it...we will see they both have great squads and Friday night you find out? Coach Bouldin has done a great job with this special group at whitwell. They play very hard and are very football smart. He has a very good staff that work hard to prepare for each game. Trousdale is Trousdale..there always good! I dont know much about there coach at the present but there doing well and winning..there always talented so that will be a very tough test also and then South Pittsburgh...this will be a very hard played game...whitwell needs to change history to have a chance but it can happen and if it does in the near future this year would probably have to be it. Just look for a good slobber knockers and yes the pirates will be favored but whitwell will be hungry for some respect!!

2 hours ago, WARBOSS said:

Whitwell is having a very good year this year but the schedule gets to killers role..(Polk County, Trousdale County and South Pittsburgh) Great scheduling former coach...lol. All three will be extremely tough games basically because they have good teams also! Derrick Davis may not have the talent of past years but the man is a good coach...they will play hard and be prepared. Will they be good enough to beat Whitwell? Thats the fun of it...we will see they both have great squads and Friday night you find out? Coach Bouldin has done a great job with this special group at whitwell. They play very hard and are very football smart. He has a very good staff that work hard to prepare for each game. Trousdale is Trousdale..there always good! I dont know much about there coach at the present but there doing well and winning..there always talented so that will be a very tough test also and then South Pittsburgh...this will be a very hard played game...whitwell needs to change history to have a chance but it can happen and if it does in the near future this year would probably have to be it. Just look for a good slobber knockers and yes the pirates will be favored but whitwell will be hungry for some respect!!

Very good post!

6 hours ago, PeterGriffin75 said:

And SP had more talent in all 6.  Coach Davis is a great coach.  SP has a really good staff now, they don't have to rely on the talent advantage like before. 

I can almost agree with you, but the Polk County talent was better than you think. The Polk County teams were talented. They just kept running into great CAK teams if I recall correctly. Jared Allen was the best athlete on the field every season during those years. If you're good enough to play SEC Baseball then you're a heckuva an athlete. Oh yea, why the need for another account? Just use your old one. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

44 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I can almost agree with you, but the Polk County talent was better than you think. The Polk County teams were talented. They just kept running into great CAK teams if I recall correctly. Jared Allen was the best athlete on the field every season during those years. If you're good enough to play SEC Baseball then you're a heckuva an athlete. Oh yea, why the need for another account? Just use your old one. 

Just giving respect to Coach Davis and the Wildcats.   Yes they were very talented just trying to make point that Coach Davis and Polk have won a lot of games where the other team had more talent.  I don't have another account it was my first post.   

Edited by PeterGriffin75

8 hours ago, PeterGriffin75 said:

Just giving respect to Coach Davis and the Wildcats.   Yes they were very talented just trying to make point that Coach Davis and Polk have won a lot of games where the other team had more talent.  I don't have another account it was my first post.   

Polk is usually a tough team no matter what their talent level is

This is a interesting match up for sure. Funny that people are talking about the South Pitt games of the past on here, because I was just telling someone Friday that this game has that same feel to it. I hear that Whitwell's defense is for real. It will be interesting to see how they fair against Polk's non typical offense. Another thing to watch is if Polk can improve its run defense. I think they have given up a long rushing TD in every game. I think this one will be close one way or the other. Go Wildcats!

36 minutes ago, ValleyTroll said:

This is a interesting match up for sure. Funny that people are talking about the South Pitt games of the past on here, because I was just telling someone Friday that this game has that same feel to it. I hear that Whitwell's defense is for real. It will be interesting to see how they fair against Polk's non typical offense. Another thing to watch is if Polk can improve its run defense. I think they have given up a long rushing TD in every game. I think this one will be close one way or the other. Go Wildcats!

It's a big game, but I'm gunna go out on a limb and say Polk was much better then and South Pittsburg was better than whitwell as well. Those games were BIG games, especially after Polk came in to Beene and won the first meeting. There were anywhere from 3-6 guys on the field at all times for both teams that were current all state or future all state players in almost every one of those meetings..but the way whitwell is playing so far they may produce that many as well...I wouldn't mind going to watch this game..

I am going whitwell by a couple scores...

Edited by CastIronHero