Alcoa travels to Indian Country

BCsportsfan

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Boatloads of respect for Alcoa, but its all DB in this one.      Newton's 2nd law of motion:   F = MA (Force = Mass * Acceleration).     DB has too much Mass and Acceleration, thus more Force.     Indians by 2 TD's.    BTW, last time Alcoa beat DB was 1966.

1966! That sounds really bad. Oh wait.....

They last played in 1969. Alcoa can even the series at 3-3 with a win.

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Boatloads of respect for Alcoa, but its all DB in this one.      Newton's 2nd law of motion:   F = MA (Force = Mass * Acceleration).     DB has too much Mass and Acceleration, thus more Force.     Indians by 2 TD's.    BTW, last time Alcoa beat DB was 1966.

So that was not one of DB's mythical state championship years?

Edited by noonesfool

10 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I'm order'n some of what you're have'n.  But 2 get real, Alcoee by 3TDs

It's been a few years since I seen the F5 bunch down in Alcoa beating my Devils.This game is only a few minutes from my house,I might as well come and watch them take on the famlies school.There are not many fans that know the game as good as the Alcoa coacht bunch.Matter of fact,can't really say other then that school a few miles away over in Maryville,maybe none.They won't sugar coat it if they win or lose.I enjoyed talking to you guys along with BVD back then.I think this to be a very tough game.DB has had two weeks to prepare and should have a very solid game plan .If they bring to the first half what they did at Greeneville and have learned how to adjust a little better,this could be a classic.I can only imagine a couple of responses to this post from a few local fans.ha

6 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

It's been a few years since I seen the F5 bunch down in Alcoa beating my Devils.This game is only a few minutes from my house,I might as well come and watch them take on the famlies school.There are not many fans that know the game as good as the Alcoa coacht bunch.Matter of fact,can't really say other then that school a few miles away over in Maryville,maybe none.They won't sugar coat it if they win or lose.I enjoyed talking to you guys along with BVD back then.I think this to be a very tough game.DB has had two weeks to prepare and should have a very solid game plan .If they bring to the first half what they did at Greeneville and have learned how to adjust a little better,this could be a classic.I can only imagine a couple of responses to this post from a few local fans.ha

Here's the first response from a local. Two weeks to prepare is what worries me the most. The players would be better off winging it from scratch. Draw up a few plays in the dirt themselves.

13 hours ago, noonesfool said:

So that was not one of DB's mythical state championship years?

Whoa, careful there, a lot of DB fans are very sensitive on this topic.    And to be fair, it wasn't that long ago that the college football champion was determined by a vote, so who are we to say that DB did not deserve it during those pre-1969 years?    All of that is irrelevant now, this one will be settled on the field in front of 1000's of rocking Kingsport fans!    I'm guessing Aloca travels pretty well too but don't know that as a fact.

Edited by blazer1set

9 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Whoa, careful there, a lot of DB fans are very sensitive on this topic.    And to be fair, it wasn't that long ago that the college football champion was determined by a vote, so who are we to say that DB did not deserve it during those pre-1969 years?    All of that is irrelevant now, this one will be settled on the field in front of 1000's of rocking Kingsport fans!    I'm guessing Aloca travels pretty well too but don't know that as a fact.

The last DB championship was 2008.DB was undefeated at the end of the season and ranked number 1 in the state.Batman voted them champions before the first round using the AP poll.Just as good to me as what they had pre 1969,excluding the 1938 playoff year that Elizabethton ran the table.Starting  with DB 39-0,Shelbyville 26-0 and then beating Jackson 26-14 in the only 100% winner take all state playoff.

Should be a close game. A couple of points one way or the other. 

Alcoa will need to throw the ball to be effective on offense. Same type game plan that they used against Maryville. 

#6 needs to be the bell cow running the ball. #9 needs to be the speed to the edge. #19 & #20 need short slant passes thrown right at the snap. In motion.....not on an island. Rusty Bradley 101.

I'm hoping the Alcoa defense can hold D-B to 14 points. If they give up 21, the chances of winning get a little tougher. Figuring a 21-28 type ballgame?

8 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

The last DB championship was 2008.DB was undefeated at the end of the season and ranked number 1 in the state.Batman voted them champions before the first round using the AP poll.Just as good to me as what they had pre 1969,excluding the 1938 playoff year that Elizabethton ran the table.Starting  with DB 39-0,Shelbyville 26-0 and then beating Jackson 26-14 in the only 100% winner take all state playoff.

Huh??    What about 2012, best DB team ever.