Alcoa travels to Indian Country

BCsportsfan

3 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Should be a close game. A couple of points one way or the other. 

Alcoa will need to throw the ball to be effective on offense. Same type game plan that they used against Maryville. 

#6 needs to be the bell cow running the ball. #9 needs to be the speed to the edge. #19 & #20 need short slant passes thrown right at the snap. In motion.....not on an island. Rusty Bradley 101.

I'm hoping the Alcoa defense can hold D-B to 14 points. If they give up 21, the chances of winning get a little tougher. Figuring a 21-28 type ballgame?

I'm thinking DB will put more up then 14 and the question for me will be can DB slow down Alcoa to stay close enough to win.Nothing will surprise me.I've seen DB jump on Greeneville and no way it looked like they would lose.Same to start the SH game and both just shut DB down as the game went on.

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Should be a close game. A couple of points one way or the other. 

Alcoa will need to throw the ball to be effective on offense. Same type game plan that they used against Maryville. 

#6 needs to be the bell cow running the ball. #9 needs to be the speed to the edge. #19 & #20 need short slant passes thrown right at the snap. In motion.....not on an island. Rusty Bradley 101.

I'm hoping the Alcoa defense can hold D-B to 14 points. If they give up 21, the chances of winning get a little tougher. Figuring a 21-28 type ballgame?

You could probably roll your quarterback out in a wheel chair and be effective throwing the ball. Last game out DB's secondary got torched for 285 yards by a boy fresh out of the 8th. grade.

2 close friends going against each other.  My bet is neither one is fired up about playing the other because of their friendship.  But this week, friendship goes out the window until about 10 pm game night.  Wish I could be there to watch it as both are also my close friends.  Good luck to both and hope it is an injury free game.

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

I'm thinking DB will put more up then 14 and the question for me will be can DB slow down Alcoa to stay close enough to win.Nothing will surprise me.I've seen DB jump on Greeneville and no way it looked like they would lose.Same to start the SH game and both just shut DB down as the game went on.

The only way I see DB putting up more than 14 in this game is if Alcoa has 42 or more points on the board. Anything over 14 will be scored on the 2's and 3's. I look for this to be a great ballgame with an awesome atmosphere and look forward to seeing some old friends. Go Tornadoes!!

20 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

DB had at least two teams better than the 2012 team. Don't remember the exact years but it was when they lost in the semi finals to Red Band and Riverdale.

yeah 2000,2002.I thought the best chance since then even though the team didn't have near the record during the season was the 2007 team.Reason being, there was no real super team that year.Bearden beat DB on the freak extra point play after a bad snap,8-7.Bearden went on to lose a very close semi game in which they thought they got robbed.That team won the championship easy.

17 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

The only way I see DB putting up more than 14 in this game is if Alcoa has 42 or more points on the board. Anything over 14 will be scored on the 2's and 3's. I look for this to be a great ballgame with an awesome atmosphere and look forward to seeing some old friends. Go Tornadoes!!

If Alcoa can keep DB under 14 through most of the game,then I'd say DB is probably in trouble.I would be surprised if Alcoa didn't put up more then 14.You really never know going into games like this.I didn't think Greeneville would jump all over Science Hill after the way SH beat DB and Greeneville not playing their best game against DB.Once again teams can matchup completely differently and common opponents mean nothing.

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Whoa, careful there, a lot of DB fans are very sensitive on this topic.    And to be fair, it wasn't that long ago that the college football champion was determined by a vote, so who are we to say that DB did not deserve it during those pre-1969 years?    All of that is irrelevant now, this one will be settled on the field in front of 1000's of rocking Kingsport fans!    I'm guessing Aloca travels pretty well too but don't know that as a fact.

Good points and I knew you had a good sense of humor blazer1set. I just always enjoyed how that use to be tossed around up until 6 or 7 years ago on here. Lots of respect for the Indians.

41 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

The "cease and desist" letter is already drafted!

Shoot,I bet the draft was made so long ago that the paper has turned yellow.It should be something when it happens for Maryville to be very proud of.I'd like to put a shock in there and say Greeneville is only 20 behind you ..Yep I'd like to ..but I can't.