AP Top 10 Class 1A Sept 18

Southtowner

19 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Dresden at 2 is confusing,they have played a cake walk schedule to this point,and we're not ranking last year's team are we? No disrespect but they barely escaped some subpar teams,or am I wrong?

Lake county was no cakewalk for sure...no they are not the number 2 team in the state but they have won 20 in a row....so until Friday when Peabody beats them imo and since polls mean nothing yes they deserve to be there

13 hours ago, peabodypride said:

Dresden at 2 is confusing,they have played a cake walk schedule to this point,and we're not ranking last year's team are we? No disrespect but they barely escaped some subpar teams,or am I wrong?

Defending champs and are undefeated as of now.  I wouldn't have them ranked nearly that high but then again I don't have a vote in the AP.  I do believe   they'll drop in the next poll if they lose to Peabody, which I think they will.  But I've seen stranger things happen with the AP poll.

And for clarification I'm not knocking the guys that vote in the AP.  There are some really good reporters out there.  They have to cover everything in sports that's going on and not just football.  They do a lot more than just put together a poll.  Look at it this way.  If I chose 15-18 of posters on here to submit their rankings to me and post the results, I believe you'd see that there will always be differing opinions and you'd probably have a poll not unlike the AP.  Lots of folks on here like to sandbag or down grade their own team.  So what's the difference? 

On 9/18/2017 at 4:16 PM, Southtowner said:

SouthTown's  Top 10

1 Huntingdon*

2 Coalfield*

3 Greenback*

4 South Pittsburg*

5 Wayne County*

6 Dresden*

7 Whitwell*

8 Lake County*

9 Cornersville*

10 Cloudland*

* Denotes subject to change

:rolleyes: 

15 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

My poll will look different next week. Greenback is easily a top 3 team. 

^  You mean like this?  ^^^