84 COALFIELD                        1A     6   0   0    77.70   115.38
125 GREENBACK                     1A     5   1   0    91.29   107.13
140 DRESDEN                          1A     5   1   0    90.39   105.17
166 LAKE COUNTY                  1A     4   1   0    80.94   101.31
181 CORNERSVILLE                 1A     5   1   0    77.56    98.51
205 MT. PLEASANT                  1A     4   2   0    84.32    94.21
206 WESTWOOD                      1A     5   1   0    78.53    94.11

7 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Is this just a big talent cycle Lake County is going through right now or do they have better coaching? I thought Lake County always has talent. Right or wrong?

People seem to think Lake Co has really been down the past several years.But 6-4 and maybe 7-3 is pretty good at a lot of places.. About 2 years ago when Stavonski  Wilkes was rusing for about 2000 yards ,Dyer Co had about 4 football players that lived in Lake Co but drove 18 miles each way. A couple of them made all region at a much larger school.And Dyersburg had 2 which was a receiver and a punter for them and also the stud of all of them whos a senior this year and has started for the Trojans for 4 years. Put those 6 players with Wilkes and Company ,could push for a championship in my opinion. Put the one player that's at Dyersburg this year and is a senior,I think LC would win the gold ball .I believe hed push for Mr.Football .But like LC 68 said, its done so nothing to do. So ,cant see any of these middle school players starting next year because most of the high school team will be juniors.I think when they are sophomores, some may start or get a lot of playing time with the then LC seniors.So unless some move ,get hurt,LC should be a top 5 or upwards the next 4 to 5 years.

11 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

People seem to think Lake Co has really been down the past several years.But 6-4 and maybe 7-3 is pretty good at a lot of places.. About 2 years ago when Stavonski  Wilkes was rusing for about 2000 yards ,Dyer Co had about 4 football players that lived in Lake Co but drove 18 miles each way. A couple of them made all region at a much larger school.And Dyersburg had 2 which was a receiver and a punter for them and also the stud of all of them whos a senior this year and has started for the Trojans for 4 years. Put those 6 players with Wilkes and Company ,could push for a championship in my opinion. Put the one player that's at Dyersburg this year and is a senior,I think LC would win the gold ball .I believe hed push for Mr.Football .But like LC 68 said, its done so nothing to do. So ,cant see any of these middle school players starting next year because most of the high school team will be juniors.I think when they are sophomores, some may start or get a lot of playing time with the then LC seniors.So unless some move ,get hurt,LC should be a top 5 or upwards the next 4 to 5 years.

Wonder what the reason is for these kids wanting to go to another program?  Coaching? Education? Facilities? Playing time? Better program? Thoughts?

2 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Wonder what the reason is for these kids wanting to go to another program?  Coaching? Education? Facilities? Playing time? Better program? Thoughts?

At one time it was all the above. LC has been a stepping stone job but now has stability at the high school and jr high. LC facilities are improved and the kids are staying home now. LC should be really good teams for the next 5 or so years. The youth program is strong also. At one time basketball became king in a football county but that role has reversed.  Most kids in LC are more into football than basketball now like it was in the 70's, 80s, and 90s.  Hopefully things in football will continue to trend upward.  Everyone in the west needs to keep and eye on Memphis Westwood.  They are quietly putting together a good season and they will difinately have athletes.

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

At one time it was all the above. LC has been a stepping stone job but now has stability at the high school and jr high. LC facilities are improved and the kids are staying home now. LC should be really good teams for the next 5 or so years. The youth program is strong also. At one time basketball became king in a football county but that role has reversed.  Most kids in LC are more into football than basketball now like it was in the 70's, 80s, and 90s.  Hopefully things in football will continue to trend upward.  Everyone in the west needs to keep and eye on Memphis Westwood.  They are quietly putting together a good season and they will difinately have athletes.

Hey bub what was the coaches name that coached LC back when Jewel Flowerswas there? Where's he at now? How bout Jewel he around? That kid is one of the best HS running backs I've ever seen. 

19 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Hey bub what was the coaches name that coached LC back when Jewel Flowerswas there? Where's he at now? How bout Jewel he around? That kid is one of the best HS running backs I've ever seen. 

Tim Stallings...Jewel is living in dyersburg working at a good job...had some rough times but has it together now! His daughter won miss basketball about 5 years ago and she's doing well for herself! 

2 hours ago, shockernation said:

Tim Stallings...Jewel is living in dyersburg working at a good job...had some rough times but has it together now! His daughter won miss basketball about 5 years ago and she's doing well for herself! 

I remember hearing about his daughter. Glad to hear he's doing good. I wish he could have played college ball. He reminded me a lot of Chuck Webb (who I still think would have been the GOAT if not for injury)on the field. That was a heck of a rivalry between LC and Bruceton back in the day. Also had a great heated few years with UC back in the Flowers years.