The Power Bomb

Solomon

Just now, bcd said:

Wow, how can you tell my race via a reply?  It's not a racial thing at all. A person is either ignorant in regards to anatomy and does not understands the effects of spinal cord injuries and thinks professional wrestling is real or they don't...

I was at the game.  I saw what happened.  If you know so much about anatomy tell me how many times the sevier county player should get hit in the nuts before he reacts the way he did.

12 hours ago, bcd said:

Come on man.  He should be removed from the team immediately for the season at least and hopefully he'd learn an important life lesson.

As a parent, I'm not sure what I'd do if that was my child that he could have paralyzed or even killed.  I'm reserved (mostly) at sporting events, I'm pretty sure I would have been on the field pretty quick.

That's not football, it's assault. 

The worst assault I saw was the sexual assault by the Gibbs players repeatedly hitting the seviercounty players in the testicles. The worst injury was to one of our receivers by Gibbs #3 who played dirty the whole game and the punk sideline judge never threw a flag. Are you outraged by that? Or do you only get mad about one sided edited video clips on the internet?

1 hour ago, SdotBears said:

I was at the game.  I saw what happened.  If you know so much about anatomy tell me how many times the sevier county player should get hit in the nuts before he reacts the way he did.

An infinite number of times.  Slamming a person straight down on his head can break the neck and at worst kill the person.   Luckily the player did not land that way but it could have very easily been different. 

Your comparison is like saying how many times should I let a person punch me in the stomach  before I pull out a gun and take a shot at someone's head.  I might miss them altogether, I might slightly injury them, I might seriously injury them, or I could kill them. 

But, I'm really curious, do you feel the video is faked?  I admit, I was not at the game and have no idea if this is an edited hoax or not. All my comments are based of it the pile driver move actually happened...

Edited by bcd

4 minutes ago, SdotBears said:

The worst assault I saw was the sexual assault by the Gibbs players repeatedly hitting the seviercounty players in the testicles. The worst injury was to one of our receivers by Gibbs #3 who played dirty the whole game and the punk sideline judge never threw a flag. Are you outraged by that? Or do you only get mad about one sided edited video clips on the internet?

I'm gonna drop out.  If you can't see the difference between bad officiating and what the response to that should have been versus retaliating in a way that could cause permanent paralysis or death, my responses won't help.

8 minutes ago, bcd said:

I'm gonna drop out.  If you can't see the difference between bad officiating and what the response to that should have been versus retaliating in a way that could cause permanent paralysis or death, my responses won't help.

I get what you're saying.  I'm just saying there was a reason he reacted the way he did. He has to pay the price for his actions,  but there was a reason behind it is my point

13 minutes ago, SdotBears said:

I get what you're saying.  I'm just saying there was a reason he reacted the way he did. He has to pay the price for his actions,  but there was a reason behind it is my point

I'm with you. Emotions run high especially when something is going on as you describe.  I definitely understand the retaliation but what occurred could have ruined both players lives and I know that didn't go through the player's mind in the heat of the moment.  My guess is he's a good kid that made a mistake and will learn from it. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, bcd said:

I'm with you. Emotions run high especially when something is going on as you describe.  I definitely understand the retaliation but what occurred could have ruined both players lives and I know that didn't go through the player's mind in the heat of the moment.  My guess is he's a good kid that made a mistake and will learn from it. 

I agree

17 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Football is violent. He should not be suspended for more than a game if any

Football is violent, but not premeditated. Play was over and he continued with two actions...picking the kid up, then "power bombing" him. Good football is "hit 'em hard, and help 'em up".

2 hours ago, SdotBears said:

The point that you haven't got, is that there is NO REASON to attempt to cripple or kill another human being unless you feel that your life is in danger...the fact that it was two high school football players just makes it more ridiculous.

I think everyone can agree that the kid could’ve handled it a better but you can’t crucify the kid for reacting if he was in fact being hit in the nuts. If he was being hit and the ref never addressed it I can see how frustration to lead a 15 year old to react like that. I’d rather see him power bomb him then start throwing punches. One game suspension is sufficient. The other player should be punished if he was truly playing dirty.