Cordova @ Pearl Cohn

FBfan26

I've got an idea. I'm going to start another thread, but I need Metro and Memphis folks input.

I want to put together a Nashville vs Memphis football Classic game that rotates between Memphis and Nasvhille every year. The games will be played on a Saturday. Top urban/metro schools to play aginst each other. When the sites rotate, so does the venue. For instance ...

Year one in Nashville

Game 1: Cane Ridge vs Whitehaven

Game 2: Peral Cohn vs Ridgeway

Game 3: East Nashville vs. Southwind/Cordova

Gate diveded between all participating schools. The first innagural games to all be played at East Nashville. The next year, the games are in Memphis with the games being played at Whitehaven. The following year, the games are played in Nashville and the venue is Pearl Cohn.

You follow the direction i'm going with that. The teams don't play the same teams each year ... they rotate. The next year PC plays Whitehaven ... the following ... PC plays Southwind/Cordova ... On and on. You would want to try to avoid playing the same class ... just for post season reasons.

I think it could be big. i think it would make money. i think it could actually grow into something that turns into something even bigger. But it would be grass roots in the beginning. Nashvill vs Memphis. However, it would need a catchy name that fits the occassion.

Think about it, I'm going to start the thread in a little bit.

Edited by kwc

36 minutes ago, kwc said:

I've got an idea. I'm going to start another thread, but I need Metro and Memphis folks input.

I want to put together a Nashville vs Memphis football Classic game that rotates between Memphis and Nasvhille every year. The games will be played on a Saturday. Top urban/metro schools to play aginst each other. When the sites rotate, so does the venue. For instance ...

Year one in Nashville

Gate diveded between all participating schools. The first innagural games to all be played at East Nashville. The next year, the games are in Memphis with the games being played at Whitehaven. The following year, the games are played in Nashville and the venue is Pearl Cohn.

You follow the direction i'm going with that. The teams don't play the same teams each year ... they rotate. The next year PC plays Whitehaven ... the following ... PC plays Southwind/Cordova ... On and on. You would want to try to avoid playing the same class ... just for post season reasons.

I think it could be big. i think it would make money. i think it could actually grow into something that turns into something even bigger. But it would be grass roots in the beginning. Nashvill vs Memphis. However, it would need a catchy name that fits the occassion.

PC has actually did this in 07 and 08. Memphis East and I think Trezevant. We played East and Maplewood played Trezevant.

Edited by FIREBIRD80

1 hour ago, kwc said:

Year one in Nashville

Please add me to the Post