South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Bouldin man)

Roy Dillard

41 minutes ago, Geno said:

I really can't tell if Whitwell has a good Defense or not. Seems they do but they havnt been tested yet. I just don't see them holding South Pittsburg  under 35 Points.  Whitwell's offense defiantly is no match to South Pittsburg Offense. And I believe The Pirates line takes control by the end of the 3rd and put the Game away

South Pittsburg by 21

Geno, I think they definitely have a good defense. You don't hold teams to 20 total points and outscore them like they have and not be a good football team. Sequatchie and Lipscomb both had good defenses as well. I think Whitwell has a good team this year. I just think SP is a little better. No trash talk from me. That's just my opinion. 

42 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

So I guess holding TC to 14 doesnt count? They had all the healthy backs in the game that could score every time they touched the ball. They were held to 200 yds total. Whitwell has a good defense. I will be shocked if they give up more than 35.

I would be shocked if they gave up more than 35 as well. Whitwell has a good defense.  I agree with you on both accounts. As for Trousdale? They did not have all of their backs healthy and playing. Outside of that, I totally agree with your assumption. Whitwell has a good team. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

17 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

So I guess holding TC to 14 doesnt count? They had all the healthy backs in the game that could score every time they touched the ball. They were held to 200 yds total. Whitwell has a good defense. I will be shocked if they give up more than 35.

According to Trousdale they had three starters out and then 18 got hurt before the half. It was evident they are not anything like the Trousdale teams of the past. Neither is Boyd, Signal  or Polk. Its hard to gauge how good Whitwell  really is  as some of the teams they have played have their worst teams ever. regardless of lack of competition Whitwell is a tough , hard nosed team but they are going to have to open up the playbook and throw the ball some unlike the Trousdale game where I think they only threw 3 times. I dont know if the new coach was nervous in his first tough close game or they weren't confident in the new qb. He threw two perfect slants to #31 who showed great concentration and caught both in tight coverage and then broke tackles. I think #31 even threw the last pass that set up the game winning field goal. I haven't seen S Pittt this year  so its hard for me to think of them other than a fast athletic team with playmakers all over the place but my buddy at work tells me this team is different and is a  more hard nosed ,tough in the trenches hit you in the mouth type team which is exactly hat Whitwell is as well. I think S Pitt teams of old with outside speed would beat this Whitwell team pretty easily but if they are truly a grind you down type of team then Whitwell may have a chance if they open up they playbook a tad and throw enough to keep S Pitt honest.  If Whitwell turns it over a couple of times or runs all night I think they get beat by 20 pts.       

Game day! For the Pirates you have a relaxed, confident group. I think you have a very emotional group coming in from Whitwell. Sometimes you can be too hyped up before the game and wear yourself out. Grider and his staff can gameplan very good. Packed house, region title on the line, and the game is played at Beene. The time for talking is over.tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, tnlonghorn said:

According to Trousdale they had three starters out and then 18 got hurt before the half. It was evident they are not anything like the Trousdale teams of the past. Neither is Boyd, Signal  or Polk. Its hard to gauge how good Whitwell  really is  as some of the teams they have played have their worst teams ever. regardless of lack of competition Whitwell is a tough , hard nosed team but they are going to have to open up the playbook and throw the ball some unlike the Trousdale game where I think they only threw 3 times. I dont know if the new coach was nervous in his first tough close game or they weren't confident in the new qb. He threw two perfect slants to #31 who showed great concentration and caught both in tight coverage and then broke tackles. I think #31 even threw the last pass that set up the game winning field goal. I haven't seen S Pittt this year  so its hard for me to think of them other than a fast athletic team with playmakers all over the place but my buddy at work tells me this team is different and is a  more hard nosed ,tough in the trenches hit you in the mouth type team which is exactly hat Whitwell is as well. I think S Pitt teams of old with outside speed would beat this Whitwell team pretty easily but if they are truly a grind you down type of team then Whitwell may have a chance if they open up they playbook a tad and throw enough to keep S Pitt honest.  If Whitwell turns it over a couple of times or runs all night I think they get beat by 20 pts.       

TC had a receiver a lineman and LB/RB #5 who was out for the season. They people who touch the ball often and early for TC played. #8, #2 and Harper kid #6 all played and were healthy. 18 going out before half did hurt defensively for TC.  Offensively outside of #5 they had everyone healthy in the backfield. Whitwell held them in check.

1 minute ago, powerp said:

Game day! For the Pirates you have a relaxed, confident group. I think you have a very emotional group coming in from Whitwell. Sometimes you can be too hyped up before the game and wear yourself out. Grider and his staff can gameplan very good. Packed house, region title on the line, and the game is played at Beene. The time for talking is over.tenor.gif

Whitwell had a great week. The kids I talk to seem relaxed knowing they will play SP twice. Whitwell is ready.

6 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Whitwell had a great week. The kids I talk to seem relaxed knowing they will play SP twice. Whitwell is ready.

Things have gotten a little out of hand on here and other social media sites but I will say this, Whitwell didn’t get to 7-0 by luck. Like I’ve stated, my daughter graduated from there so I’ve tried to keep my comments in check. 

I see this game being determined late in the third and fourth qtrs. I’ve not seen Whitwell play so I can’t comment on either their offense or defense. SP D is playing lights out right now and the offense has been to. I just give the edge to SP getting the win. That’s just my opinion and we all know what that’s worth. 

Game will be settled tonight in South Pittsburg and later tonight we get to hear how who won. Great game atmosphere coming and hopefully a great four qtr football game to watch

Dad Burnit, the Wheaties Breakfast on the back porch in the jock was a might awakening. Feuding day is finally here, the HEEP of Jasperlites slithering into the Speedway in hopes of seeing the Pirates defeated gives extra meaning to this game. It was obvious at the Jamboree plenty of Warrior fans were extremely happy when the Pirates lost. Figure anytime the Kinfolkes can be seen singing sadly & walking slowly is a Great day fer Pirates. Pirates Win...... Yep, Recon So...........