Portland at Springfield thoughts?

bigdawgtn

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

My question is what happen to Springfield? 

23 just got back on the field friday night and he did not start along with number 4. As you remember last year when he is not on the field that is a different team. They will be there in the end and I do believe they could make some noise in playoffs. They should have never lost to white house and Gallatin. Beech they didnt even have a game plan they sat everyone and took it on the chin. I dont think it would have mattered anyways. Nice win for your firebirds by the way saturday.

4 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

23 just got back on the field friday night and he did not start along with number 4. As you remember last year when he is not on the field that is a different team. They will be there in the end and I do believe they could make some noise in playoffs. They should have never lost to white house and Gallatin. Beech they didnt even have a game plan they sat everyone and took it on the chin. I dont think it would have mattered anyways. Nice win for your firebirds by the way saturday.

Yea They are totally different without 23.I wanted to say I hope they're using number 23 as a athlete on offense. Sf should have blew the doors off of WH" undefeated or not". They have always had problems with speed. Gallatin was a toss-up game in my mind and WHATTTT.No game plan? smh I don't know if it's just me but I expected alot from them this year. Especially how they played us

12 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Yea They are totally different without 23.I wanted to say I hope they're using number 23 as a athlete on offense. Sf should have blew the doors off of WH" undefeated or not". They have always had problems with speed. Gallatin was a toss-up game in my mind and WHATTTT.No game plan? smh I don't know if it's just me but I expected alot from them this year. Especially how they played us

after the gallatin game they got much better at getting the ball in 23 hands. The kid nobody is talking about #8 is a great 1 2 punch with him. I didnt expect them to be as good as last year to be honest they lost leadership. in all reality they are a young team. I think next year they will be much better than this year. They need better more consistant qb play

• Like 1

I think something that's being overlooked is the fact that losing 23 against White House hurt as much on defense as offense. White House was able to complete a couple of passes on their drive that led to the game winning FG, that if 23 is playing his safety position, I think they have a harder time completing. 4, 8, and 23 all sat against Beech with it being a non region game. We still should have played better and had a better showing. I would love to see White House again. 

Portland's defense seems to be improved over last year. I agree with Leon that traditionally our games over fall break have been interesting to say the least. I hope we play well, get the W, and can stay injury free going into the Greenbrier game. That game, if the Jackets can defeat Portland, will basically be for a home first round playoff game.