Grundy County in the News

FridayMainEvent

Im an outsider looking in and know absolutely nothing about the program. That being said I played football from 3rd grade through 12th grade and have saw things happen around kids that are left unsupervised. I will say that the coach of a highschool team can sit the tone when he catches stupid activities going on like this or he can look past it. I will tell you the coach we had didnt put up with hazing whatsoever. He always taught the upperclassmen to respect the underclassmen. It wasnt like that at all times with other coaches up here from my understanding. Im not accusing anyone but the coach has alot of bearing on things like this either happening or not in a lockeroom. As for the kids responisble, they have a problem that could and probably does come from lack of teaching at home about where to draw the line. That being said boys at that age will do dumb things when they are left alone. I feel for the individual this happened to. I hope he doesnt allow this to cause any emotional damage. I  was blessed to have never been bullied but have talked to people that have and it seem to have really effected them later in life. I love talkin alittle trash on coacht about football and such but this kind of thing is dissapointing out of young men.

19 minutes ago, BamaBoy32 said:

Nope, not a coach, just a friend of a coach that was FALSELY accused by idiots up there because their kid wasn't any good and didn't get the playing time that their parents thought that they should. I do think it's a hoax because I have heard that there was no body fluids found on the object that was used. Its funny that if this wasnt a hoax, then why did these guys go eat breakfast together that morning after it happened?  Now if you have ever wanted torture your self and have ever watched one of those board meetings you would know that they have been after Tate, Helton, and Kinsey for over a year now. That what all of this boils down too and it wouldn't surprise me that they were found not guilty when this is all over with. Remember, this is Grundy Co. and they aren't below doing something like this to try and get their way. 

You sir are an idiot! A hoax? Go tell the parent of the victim this. What the heck does it matter if bodily fluid was left or not. Video evidence. Thank God you got out of this county. 

I have no idea how Coach Shedd's name keeps coming up in all of this and the other thread about the BS about missing funds while he was girls' basketball coach. Please hear this.....THERE WAS NEVER ANY MISSING MONEY...NEVER! Coach Shedd did not take any money, misplace any money, hide money in mason jars or trade it for those magic beans Jack used to climb up and meet the giant. 

Like his coaching or don't like his coaching...fine. But please quit believing the propaganda that Coach Shedd did something illegal....which he did not do. 

My name is David Lowrie and I approved this message.

Edited by DelTavian
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

To suspend an assistant coach who caught kids in the weight room and made them leave and go back to the main building makes no sense to me.  Are you going to suspend all teachers who catch a student out of place and does not report it to the principle.  Do not know why any coach would want to be a part of this circus.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, BamaRules said:

I found it very disturbing that the community and board were more worried about playing those last two games more than they were the safety and well being of the children. 

Cancel the rest of the season, but why should the basketball teams lose their chance for postseason play?