Peabody host TCA

JungleJim125

17 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Milan has 2 of the best backs in TN and still can’t beat a 1a or 2a school lol 

Lets kept this a Peabody and TCA thread. Let me say this I respect Milan for what they have done over the years! They are well coached and don't get in the playoffs everyear because they don't win like them or not.

I checked the previous meetings between these two schools & found that they have only played one another three times before in the past ten years and each game was in the 2nd round of the 2A playoffs. I find that quite unique & if this one can live up to the two previous meetings between these teams from a couple of years ago, then tomorrow night should be a fun one to watch. 2013 TCA notched Peabody 51-44 with the next year Peabody topping TCA with a score of 42-37 on their run to their 1st state title in school history. I am personally interested in this game this week because of the match up that it provides. Given a TCA team that has proven that they can win a big ball game coming to Trenton to face a Peabody team coming off of a big upset on their end has all of the implications to be a fun game to watch. Hard to predict a winner here. Looking forward to seeing the final score in this one. 

Broadcast Coverage of TCA at Peabody

Radio                         WWGM    93.1fm     TCA Coverage

Streaming                 http://www.gracesportsradio.com

Listen on Phone      1-605-468-5762

Broadcast Team      Dave McCulley and Stan Gerard

Kickoff                       7:30

Pregame Show        7:00

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:58 PM, ReitzFan said:

This will be only the 4th ever meeting between TCA and Peabody.  TCA leads the series 2-1.  All three previous meetings have been played at TCA and were all in the second round of the 2A playoffs.  Those games being in 2010, 2013, and 2014.  In 2 of the 3 previous meetings, the winner went on to play in the state championship game.  TCA was runner up to Signal Mountain in 2010, while Peabody went on to win a state title against Marion County in 2014.  Many people consider the 2014 matchup to have been the "real state championship game".

FightingBlue,

This was my post from Sunday

Edited by ReitzFan

1 hour ago, rednecktiger31 said:

I just wanna know where Peapride is? I completely understand the taste of crow but eventually you have to get over it and have to move on to the next one. Huge playoff implications still in the hands of Peabody to finish off regular season. 

I had a APB thread out for him. 

6 minutes ago, rednecktiger31 said:

I think the APB should be more serious considering he hasn't been around. It's one thing to be down about your team being upset but you have to be here when your team is still in contingience and have what is now their game of their season

I don’t imagine you’ll be seeing much of peabodypride if they don’t pull this one out Friday. 

3 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

They may pull tomorrow out but then they get Adamsville. Hahahaha. Good luck with this gauntlet. I love region 7 2A. 

Peabody really took a brutal end to their schedule. This region really proves that (almost) any team can get beat on any given Friday night. I say almost cause we all know that Gibson County or Halls aren’t very likely to pull one out against the other 5. I think Peabody has a better chance of beating TCA tomorrow night than they do beating Adamsville next week. Not to say that Peabody can’t beat Adamsville, I just think that they match up better with TCA than they do Adamsville. The Lions are a proven program & I understand they can hang some points. Butler does a tremendous job always having that team ready to play. The key to this game is going to be minimizing the big plays on defense. With two offenses that can score through the air & on the ground, leads me to believe that whichever defense can limit the big plays against them, puts their team in the best position to win.