Peabody host TCA

JungleJim125

My hats off to Peabody on their win Friday night.  Those boys had their backs against the wall and they played like they were on a mission.  I may offend some folks here, but the Peabody team I saw last night was the best team that TCA has faced all season long.  I am just sorry we did not give the Golden Tide a better game, but our issues are well documented.  I won't get into those issues here, but I pray that we can find some resolution in the coming days.

I would also like to say to the folks at Peabody that I believe you have the finest overall facility for high school football that I have seen since I have lived in Tennessee.  As a broadcaster, I appreciate the thought that was put into the design of the press box.  I had a great view and was very comfortable as well.  The entire facility was well designed, clean, and very fan friendly.  Great stands with a good view, large rest room facilities, and a very good concession stand area.  The band that was entertaining alumni before the game was very good as well.  I was very well treated by everyone at Peabody.  The fans were very cordial and I appreciate Coach Jacobs reaching out to me after the game.  

Good luck the rest of the way.

• Upvote 2

On 10/20/2017 at 11:44 PM, BigEdMo said:

Only thing I will add is this week the whole team dealt with issues and they were emotionally not there. There was no fire. Yes the players were missed but you did not even see any emotion from the other boys who are usually ready for a fight. So getting whipped up front was not a true test with what walked out on that field. Maybe they can regroup and try to get some fire back. By the way the boys that were out are gone for the year. That weighs heavy on boys who have been together for years. 

I totally agree with your post.  It is a shame that this had to happen to such a good team.  I saw that lack of fire.  I just wish coaches could find a way to forgive our teenagers and just suspend them for one or two games.  But in all fairness.  The remaining players have done well and should be rewarded for their efforts, win or lose.  Good luck Friday

22 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

My hats off to Peabody on their win Friday night.  Those boys had their backs against the wall and they played like they were on a mission.  I may offend some folks here, but the Peabody team I saw last night was the best team that TCA has faced all season long.  I am just sorry we did not give the Golden Tide a better game, but our issues are well documented.  I won't get into those issues here, but I pray that we can find some resolution in the coming days.

I would also like to say to the folks at Peabody that I believe you have the finest overall facility for high school football that I have seen since I have lived in Tennessee.  As a broadcaster, I appreciate the thought that was put into the design of the press box.  I had a great view and was very comfortable as well.  The entire facility was well designed, clean, and very fan friendly.  Great stands with a good view, large rest room facilities, and a very good concession stand area.  The band that was entertaining alumni before the game was very good as well.  I was very well treated by everyone at Peabody.  The fans were very cordial and I appreciate Coach Jacobs reaching out to me after the game.  

Good luck the rest of the way.

Good post

On 10/21/2017 at 8:35 AM, BigEdMo said:

Thanks Peabody. There are a whole lot of hurt kids and parents over here. It is sad when someone from another school understands Grace more than the administration at our Christian school. Christians are not perfect. But when hypocrites walk around thinking people are supposed to be perfect, and 15 to 17 year old makes a mistake they crucify that child and cast them into a desert all alone is wrong. I tell you now. I am not perfect but I am perfect in Gods eye because his son Jesus died for me and rose to wash ALL my sins. He does not cast me out when I fall. He pulls me Closer by placing people in my life to help me and love me. I love these boys on this team and they are not alone. Boys you have people that love you and have your back even when your school doesn’t. And our love goes to all players the ones who played last night and especially the ones who were not allowed to be with their brothers last night. Stay strong!!!!

Amazing Post

12 minutes ago, allgoodlf said:

I totally agree with your post.  It is a shame that this had to happen to such a good team.  I saw that lack of fire.  I just wish coaches could find a way to forgive our teenagers and just suspend them for one or two games.  But in all fairness.  The remaining players have done well and should be rewarded for their efforts, win or lose.  Good luck Friday

It was not the coaches. School administration