Greenbrier at Springfield

LEON

like I said we could go back and forth all day about what we thought was right and wrong and probably both be right and wrong but it changes nothing. GO BOBCATS!! Enjoyed the heck out of that game!! keep hearing all this talk about white house and  springfield in round 3.  GB still  has something to say about that. good luck to all and may everyone stay healthy

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gobobcatd said:

like I said we could go back and forth all day about what we thought was right and wrong and probably both be right and wrong but it changes nothing. GO BOBCATS!! Enjoyed the heck out of that game!! keep hearing all this talk about white house and  springfield in round 3.  GB still  has something to say about that. good luck to all and may everyone stay healthy

Thats very true.... GB is a very good team. Since we are all in agreement that we have three pretty good teams in this region, How does region 6 look? Thats the region we play in the playoffs right? Anyone have any info on them?

40 minutes ago, LocoLupe said:

Thats very true.... GB is a very good team. Since we are all in agreement that we have three pretty good teams in this region, How does region 6 look? Thats the region we play in the playoffs right? Anyone have any info on them?

Potentially if 1 and 2 win out.

#1 Lexington 6-3

#2 Jackson Southside 5-4

#3 Hardin Co 5-4

#4 Chester Co. 4-5

3 and 4 will play for 3rd I believe

On 10/19/2017 at 11:49 AM, brian2000 said:

Sigh.....it could be WH wins out. Deserving of #1 seed. The other thread predicted a 3 way tie. My point to that prediction was why does WH get rewarded 1 seed with a loss to GHS, which was predicted to lose to SHS, just bc they beat all of their cupcake non region games. The non region schedule shouldNOT have anything to do with seeding playoffs with 3 way tie bc everyone don't play the same strength of non region

Totally agreed. It's easy to win against teams who can't even get their fans to show up....

On 10/21/2017 at 3:43 PM, brian2000 said:

Lol. And before that play GHS #3 caught a pass on the other side to move the chains and was bouncing around staring at our player......guess what? No flag. Call it both ways or not at all. It was poorly officiated for the most part. 

Another one....8 runs to the sideline out of bounds with a defender all on him and 8 stiffed armed him and defender fell back........flag

Then few plays later 23 catches a pass 4 yds out of bounds and a defender tackles him......no flag lol

Speaking of Refs.  Who vets them?   How is it that a ref gets to call plays for a game that he is a former player on one of the teams playing?  Does anybody check that?  I have a hard time believing he has no bias when his alma mater going 10-0 is on the line....just sayin'.  I know it's happenening cause I have seen it on their home games for years. 

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

3 hours ago, GreenbrierCat2 said:

Speaking of Refs.  Who vets them?   How is it that a ref gets to call plays for a game that he is a former player on one of the teams playing?  Does anybody check that?  I have a hard time believing he has no bias when his alma mater going 10-0 is on the line....just sayin'.  I know it's happenening cause I have seen it on their home games for years. 

White House has dominated this rivalry up until the last two years.  I think we beat y'all 28 out of 30 times up to 2014 or something crazy like that. That's a lot of wins with greenbrier being the home team.  Don't blame refs man 

16 minutes ago, Copacanobra13 said:

White House has dominated this rivalry up until the last two years.  I think we beat y'all 28 out of 30 times up to 2014 or something crazy like that. That's a lot of wins with greenbrier being the home team.  Don't blame refs man 

Hard to blame refs every year. My only beef back in early 90s when springfield and white house was dominating 3a, was when springfield would play at white house in a tight game the game clock would mysteriously quit working everytime. Seemed odd but everyone knew it would happen every time. I laughed when springfield was there earlier in the year the play clock quit working. I was like darn its always something there. But that did not change the outcome of the game just brought back memories lol

28 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

Hard to blame refs every year. My only beef back in early 90s when springfield and white house was dominating 3a, was when springfield would play at white house in a tight game the game clock would mysteriously quit working everytime. Seemed odd but everyone knew it would happen every time. I laughed when springfield was there earlier in the year the play clock quit working. I was like darn its always something there. But that did not change the outcome of the game just brought back memories lol

3 hours ago, GreenbrierCat2 said:

Alright so I am a WH former player and alum. I started both ways for three years there. We use to say the same thing about every other team too as far as clock management and refs. I think what it boils down to is that most people working these HS games are just there bc they love the game too. Not because they are great refs or clock operators. A lot of the schools have kids as clock operators. Let me preface this next statement by saying in no way did WH coaches ever want home cooking or would have known. If it happened it was solely on the person doing it. But here is my story first hand. lol. You all will like this.

My senior year was 2001-2002. So my last year in football at WH was the fall of 2001. Anyhow, we are playing Sycamore in our third game of the season. We had lots of starters out with injuries etc and we were in a battle. I was one of the team captains and was the linebacker on defense that got the plays from the sideline etc. I also stood with the refs over the ball anytime there was a measurement when we were on defense. Ok so here is where the story kicks in. One of the refs that night was a middle school teacher at WH and years later actually became the principle of Portland. Ok so Sycamore is driving the ball on us towards our end zone. On third down, they run the ball. They bring the sticks out to measure and I am over the ball bear in mind watching this unfold. They pull the chain and the nose of the football clearly is past the the chains by an inch or so. So I assume its a first down. They move the sticks away, and as I am going to my huddle I hear that official say 4th down. lol. Now clearly it was a first down. Now I honestly can't remember what happened on the next play whether they got the first or not so the story doesn't go any further than that but that night I lost respect for that guy that was once a teacher of mine. See I nor any of my teammates or coaches ever wanted to win bc we cheated. And I felt like thats what that guy did that night. Now it didn't affect the game. We ended losing the game that night. I don't know whether that guy made a mistake or what but that was the only time I can ever clearly say that I saw something like that.

Does anyone else have any stories of something like this that they actually knew beyond a shadow of a doubt was true?