2A Region 3 & 4 Playoff Match Up’s

TigerFan76

12 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Well, sorry to upset you but i will be there rooting on the Warriors just like you, except i dont have blinders on i guess.  Tell me, how do i put them down all the time and what have i said that is untrue.  I love my son more than anything, but when he does something wrong i dont look the other way like he didnt do anything, he hets in trouble.  I am a realist and some people dont like that.  I think if Marion beats Tc that they will go to Cookeville,  i dont think Tyner can beat them again and i dont think Meigs can beat us.  With our struggles on defense this year i think we will have to get some favorable bounces in that second round game.   If you dont think so then that is your opinion i guess.

I agree with you TC, Tyner and MC 1 of those three teams will beat Meigs and be playing in Cookville

6 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Well, sorry to upset you but i will be there rooting on the Warriors just like you, except i dont have blinders on i guess.  Tell me, how do i put them down all the time and what have i said that is untrue.  I love my son more than anything, but when he does something wrong i dont look the other way like he didnt do anything, he hets in trouble.  I am a realist and some people dont like that.  I think if Marion beats Tc that they will go to Cookeville,  i dont think Tyner can beat them again and i dont think Meigs can beat us.  With our struggles on defense this year i think we will have to get some favorable bounces in that second round game.   If you dont think so then that is your opinion i guess.

You get on here and you talk down the play calling, you talk about who should be playing in different positions on the field. Or how many carries this kid or that kid should get during a game. And your right you are intitled to your opinion.

And unless you are at practice everyday you have no clue what goes into play calling or scheming for the next game, or if a kid has any nagging injuries. All that factors into the decisions that are made on Friday nights.  Are you a football  COACH?

The one thing that hurt this year's team early was experience. I think we are finally hitting our stride at the right time. And I think we will be a tough out in the playoffs.

And TTP I watched you and Grant coach yesterday, and could question a lot of the decisions you made. But I was not at practice and have no clue as to what went into your game plan.

So it's really easy for people to pay there money at the gate and second guess the coaches on everything they do. 

And the only team we need to worry about is Westmoreland, because they are the next one. 

And by the way my son starts on offense, defense and all the special teams. Does he make mistakes on the field? (absolutely). But it's not my job to correct those mistakes (btw it's the coaches job) , it's my job to support him and encourage him to do better and be the best he can be. 

Edited by Justmy2cents

7 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Hold on, so your saying Meigs can't beat Marion Co but MC gave up 42 points to a Sequachie Co team that Meigs held to 7 and beat by 17? That doesn't make much sense, I would have Meigs has the favorite, Meigs has a better defense and I would give them the age on offense to, but both teams have a lot of tuf games before we get that far.

11 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Hold on, so your saying Meigs can't beat Marion Co but MC gave up 42 points to a Sequachie Co team that Meigs held to 7 and beat by 17? That doesn't make much sense, I would have Meigs has the favorite, Meigs has a better defense and I would give them the age on offense to, but both teams have a lot of tuf games before we get that far.

Yea got some tough games is right and it's a long ways to the semis before these two could possibly meet. 

6 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I will agree with you on that and both teams might not make it that far but to say Meigs can beat MC is a bold statement this year.

Going ahead and thinking you have the east in the bag is a bold statement too.  Personally don't see that happening. Meigs hasn't played four quarters all year and when they get in a dogfight it's gonna show. 

1 minute ago, BooBoo5 said:

Going ahead and thinking you have the east in the bag is a bold statement too.  Personally don't see that happening. Meigs hasn't played four quarters all year and when they get in a dogfight it's gonna show. 

I don't think I ever made that statement, I know Marion is a good team and well coached and I have a lot of respect for them and I know Meigs has to earn respect on the field, but it seems that everyone is counting them out but this is a different Meigs team with a lot of confidence, my only concern is Meigs is a young team playing mostly sophomores and juniors and starting I think 2 seniors, I still think if we can make it to round 4 we will see you guys.

1 minute ago, Dadof2 said:

I don't think I ever made that statement, I know Marion is a good team and well coached and I have a lot of respect for them and I know Meigs has to earn respect on the field, but it seems that everyone is counting them out but this is a different Meigs team with a lot of confidence, my only concern is Meigs is a young team playing mostly sophomores and juniors and starting I think 2 seniors, I still think if we can make it to round 4 we will see you guys.

That's a good problem to have though 

9 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I agree with Truth on this one. I think the winner of Trousdale and Marion represents the east. Now... it could be any of those 4 teams, but those are the two teams with the longest tradition for sure. 

On 10/29/2017 at 6:37 AM, Justmy2cents said:

You get on here and you talk down the play calling, you talk about who should be playing in different positions on the field. Or how many carries this kid or that kid should get during a game. And your right you are intitled to your opinion.

And unless you are at practice everyday you have no clue what goes into play calling or scheming for the next game, or if a kid has any nagging injuries. All that factors into the decisions that are made on Friday nights.  Are you a football  COACH?

The one thing that hurt this year's team early was experience. I think we are finally hitting our stride at the right time. And I think we will be a tough out in the playoffs.

And TTP I watched you and Grant coach yesterday, and could question a lot of the decisions you made. But I was not at practice and have no clue as to what went into your game plan.

So it's really easy for people to pay there money at the gate and second guess the coaches on everything they do. 

And the only team we need to worry about is Westmoreland, because they are the next one. 

And by the way my son starts on offense, defense and all the special teams. Does he make mistakes on the field? (absolutely). But it's not my job to correct those mistakes (btw it's the coaches job) , it's my job to support him and encourage him to do better and be the best he can be. 

I wasnt talking about making mistakes on the field, i was talking about at home.  You still didnt say what i said that was untrue?  I was just asked to help coach Webb a couple days ago so i dont make any play calls, i just give advice if asked, but i dont mind at all if you or anyone else critique me, thats part of the job.  Come to the baseball games and im sure you will find something i do wrong there as well,  there has been games we should have won but didnt.  I stand by what i say about our struggles this year and agree with what you said about experience and being a tough out.  The road is also going to be much tougher to get to cookeville than the past couple of years.  I still believe if we can get by tc we will be back in cookeville in about a month.