Mr. Football Nominees for 2A

FridayMainEvent

I apologize if there is already a thread on this, but I didn't see one.   I got my ballot this week and would like some input of who is worthy.    Please include School, Name and most importantly, their jersey numbers (this is what we turn in on the ballot).   Any stats to support your nominee appreciated.    This year, only one Mr. Football per class so nominate backs and lineman here along with any kicker you deem worthy (Only one award for entire State at kicker).  Thanks

Mike Molder

Friday Main Event

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Trinity Christian, #1 Viktor Horton- RB

Stats thru 8 games

Yards Rushing 1394 on 176 carries for an average of 7.9 yards per rush.  174.3 yard per game average with 18 rushing touchdowns.  Also 1453 all purpose yards and when that is factored in, he is over 181 yards per game.

From Trinity Christian, #10 Noah Holsinger - K, LB, RB

From his starting outside linebacker position, Holsinger has 51 total tackles, with 34 being solo.  He also has 10 tackles for loss, 5 sacks, he has caused 5 fumbles, has 3 fumble recoveries, and has a blocked punt.  

As a running back, Holsinger averages 7.9 yards per carry.  

As a punter, he averages, 36.2 ypp.

As a kickoff man, he has 24 touchbacks on the season with most going to the back of the end zone.  On PAT and FG kicking, Holsinger is 40/42 on his PAT.  He is 3 of 5 on FG.  He has the longest field goal in the state so far this season from 54 yards out.  And, unlike other kickers, Holsinger kicks off the ground like the college and pro kickers do.  He does not rely on the aid of a kicking tee.  Holsinger has also been offered a full ride scholarship to WEST POINT as a kicker.

Edited by ReitzFan