5A Region 5 vs Region 6 1st Round Playoffs

WICKEDTUNA

1 hour ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

The "Waveyard"  lol...The "Waveyard"....that is the most stupid name that I have ever heard....lol.

By the way Carter is done for the season. Hate it for him.  He is a really good kid.

The Waveyard....lol....that made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been called that for years.  It is actually Green Wave Stadium/Calvin Short Field.  

Granted you have to have a history and some winning tradition in order to get a nickname.  Not sure if Spring Hill qualifies.  Lol!!!!

Edited by GWAVE1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summit with Carter is a very tough team bc they also put him in the middle of the field and he makes all the wrongs right, and saves a good chunk of plays that would normally go for touchdowns.... they have enough kids talented enough to carry the rock but it is his impact making the defense more athletically where he will be missed ... their wings can play and they are a sound football team that is well coached!!

Back to my lions in their game with Summit, our special teams had some breakdowns due to trying to make it by not using starters and it backfired and summit had 3 touchdowns due to having a short porch easy scores and 1 punt return for a touchdown and Columbia left 3 scores on the field ... not making excuses but I know Coach Coleman doesn't want to play us either... He with Carter out he can't match our speed!!! , and the past few games the special teams personnel looks much better!

If Columbia beats page tonight, they will have favorable matchups!!!  Tonight will be fun across the state tonight with major playoff implications. Go Lions and Good Luck , and Safe Travels for all who are on the road tonight! Stay Warm and Dry.

9 minutes ago, NattyBumppo said:

Summit with Carter is a very tough team bc they also put him in the middle of the field and he makes all the wrongs right, and saves a good chunk of plays that would normally go for touchdowns.... they have enough kids talented enough to carry the rock but it is his impact making the defense more athletically where he will be missed ... their wings can play and they are a sound football team that is well coached!!

Back to my lions in their game with Summit, our special teams had some breakdowns due to trying to make it by not using starters and it backfired and summit had 3 touchdowns due to having a short porch easy scores and 1 punt return for a touchdown and Columbia left 3 scores on the field ... not making excuses but I know Coach Coleman doesn't want to play us either... He with Carter out he can't match our speed!!! , and the past few games the special teams personnel looks much better!

If Columbia beats page tonight, they will have favorable matchups!!!  Tonight will be fun across the state tonight with major playoff implications. Go Lions and Good Luck , and Safe Travels for all who are on the road tonight! Stay Warm and Dry.

Good luck to both teams tonight but staying dry maybe hard to do! Every now and then you might catch a Big Tuna in a storm but it's not any fun fighting the wind and rain while trying to haul in a 500 lb tuna. WT

Round one thoughts and predictions:

Columbia @ Beech - Beech wins big and moves on to 11-0.  Defense has been playing solid and matching the offensive output. Columbia is athletic, but Beech is too much. 

Hillsboro @ Shelbyville - Close at the start and then Hillsboro pulls away. Shelbyville throws it around well, but a lot of the completions and touchdowns I have seen will be incomplete or picked against Hillsboro. 

Page @ Gallatin - Best game of this round, but I believe Gallatin wins in the end. 

Hillwood @ Summit - Even with the injury to the running back, Summit wins by as many as they want. 

8 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

General consensus was Page would beat Columbia tonight.  Page and Gallatin have never played before so I am excited about this matchup.  Page will have a decided size advantage but Gallatin has more speed.  Should be a really good game.  

Patriots are proud to represent Region 5 and are looking forward to the trip up to Gallatin; a town with a Great High School Football Tradition!  Good luck to both teams!

22 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Hillsboro gets a little lucky IMO being 3rd in our region and getting to play Shelbyville first round! Dont think they are as good as Summit or Page.

Boy I disagree with that. Hillsboro is the most dangerous team in both these regions and maybe in the state. Problem is you don't know what your gonna get week to week, however they are more consistent every game. 

The road to Cookeville will not be an easy one.