Dobunz Bentit vs Jeff Co

DBGRAD70

No doubt the first round game this year might be the best matchup DB has ever gotten.This is where those McMinn type games might just save the day for 2017.I will personally be shocked if DB isn't playing in the 3rd round but not shocked if they are playing in the semi's.There you have it.So,a first or 2nd round  exit is out of the question and unacceptable this year with the talent  on this team

56 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

No doubt the first round game this year might be the best matchup DB has ever gotten.This is where those McMinn type games might just save the day for 2017.I will personally be shocked if DB isn't playing in the 3rd round but not shocked if they are playing in the semi's.There you have it.So,a first or 2nd round  exit is out of the question and unacceptable this year with the talent  on this team

I love your optimism.  I agree, sort of. But a round 1 exit would just not surprise me.

Here are some facts mixed with popular opinion to support the Tribe winning a couple post season games.  They have played arguably (once again) the toughest schedule in the state, and have grown from it.  They are running for over 200, and throwing for over 200 per game, against those teams.  Hard to defend both.   Oline is basically healthy, and has given almost everyone a pancake breakfast.  Defensively, the OR back and HV back (two of the best around) did not hurt us.   SH QB is a bad matchup however.  Tribe has not shown they have the quickness to handle his illusiveness.   Finally , secondary is porous and prone to giving up large chunks of real estate.  They intercept almost nothing, and don't run well with big fast receivers.   Bad matchups , as I see it would be SH (QB running)  and Bradley (passing), one of which DB would see in the second round.   But even with a loss here, 8-4 and a conf championship would be an outstanding year compared to earlier predictions.  My diagnostic opinion, which is valued at $0.00

I can already see the theme of this thread developing, overlooking Jefferson Co. And that's just classic DB fan reaction's.  JC just beat a team by three td's that we lost to by three td's, plus we're playing them at their place. They'll have plenty of confidence coming into the game, plus, if they have discovered the forward pass down there in farm land they will give us fits with it. Our secondary will make their QB look "all state". That's not even up for debate anymore. If DB can't get a lot of pressure on their QB early and often (not wait until the forth qtr.) this game could easily end up like what just happened to Science Hill. 

18 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

Aren't the "easy 1st round home games" always they scariest for DB? Seems like those are always the ones the Indians seem to lose.

Ever go to a first round playoff game at DB. Honestly, you can almost feel the arrogance in the air. That crap gets in the players head. By midway through the second quarter we see we're getting hit in the mouth but can never recover. The crowd gets real quite and all you can here is about 50 fans from across the field cheering. The truth is, 10-15 years ago there used to be a fear for other teams to come to J. Fred Johnson Stadium. Now it's almost like they can't wait to get here.

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I can already see the theme of this thread developing, overlooking Jefferson Co. And that's just classic DB fan reaction's.  JC just beat a team by three td's that we lost to by three td's, plus we're playing them at their place. They'll have plenty of confidence coming into the game, plus, if they have discovered the forward pass down there in farm land they will give us fits with it. Our secondary will make their QB look "all state". That's not even up for debate anymore. If DB can't get a lot of pressure on their QB early and often (not wait until the forth qtr.) this game could easily end up like what just happened to Science Hill. 

I say this Waco.If this team is not prepared enough to beat Jeff county,DB has one upped Tennessee for coaching ineptness.I know a lot of folks think they suck,but there are just enough  fine coaches on this staff not to let this team overlook a game that could put them on the road instead of having a cupcake at home.That would be an all time 2nd behind McMinn.

4 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Ever go to a first round playoff game at DB. Honestly, you can almost feel the arrogance in the air. That crap gets in the players head. By midway through the second quarter we see we're getting hit in the mouth but can never recover. The crowd gets real quite and all you can here is about 50 fans from across the field cheering. The truth is, 10-15 years ago there used to be a fear for other teams to come to J. Fred Johnson Stadium. Now it's almost like they can't wait to get here.

Can't argue this but I hope there is enough leadership not to let this happen again.As I say every year,there should be a McMinn game film to show mid-week before that first round game or atleast any playoff game that DB is a huge favorite and without a question has the better team .DB should have won by 4 or 5 touchdowns that game.

7 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Can't argue this but I hope there is enough leadership not to let this happen again.As I say every year,there should be a McMinn game film to show mid-week before that first round game or atleast any playoff game that DB is a huge favorite and without a question has the better team .DB should have won by 4 or 5 touchdowns that game.

LOL!  We all know Clark will never show that game film. I'd say that film is "missing" from the archives. 

12 hours ago, johndeere said:

Here are some facts mixed with popular opinion to support the Tribe winning a couple post season games.  They have played arguably (once again) the toughest schedule in the state, and have grown from it.  They are running for over 200, and throwing for over 200 per game, against those teams.  Hard to defend both.   Oline is basically healthy, and has given almost everyone a pancake breakfast.  Defensively, the OR back and HV back (two of the best around) did not hurt us.   SH QB is a bad matchup however.  Tribe has not shown they have the quickness to handle his illusiveness.   Finally , secondary is porous and prone to giving up large chunks of real estate.  They intercept almost nothing, and don't run well with big fast receivers.   Bad matchups , as I see it would be SH (QB running)  and Bradley (passing), one of which DB would see in the second round.   But even with a loss here, 8-4 and a conf championship would be an outstanding year compared to earlier predictions.  My diagnostic opinion, which is valued at $0.00

8-4 from what I thought would not be an outstanding year.As I've said for several years,I thought this class coming up could compete for a state title either their junior or senior year if DB made a few changes.I guarantee you there was enough talent in this class coming into high school with the right coaching staff and weight program to compete for a state title with the way things looked back then adding in players from other classes.Now,with the fact coach Quarles is gone and Alcoa gave Maryville all they wanted and Maryville still gave Oakland all they wanted.Had those changes been made and DB had a coach closer to coach Quarles and a monster weight program.DB would not have been in a close game this year and a big favorite to win the title.A loss in the final this year for DB wouldn't be any better for me then it was when Greeneville done that in 2009.I think it sucks what has happened to this class and "STILL"with the talent on this team and some fine coaches on this staff,there is no reason to be happy if DB isn't playing deep into the playoffs.The way I look at it is the same as I look at my school Greeneville.Anything less then a state title for either one of them this year will not be an outstanding year because both could have made the changes and done what they needed to win it all.The difference at Greeneville is we are not happy with anything less and the band is nice.At DB,the band is everything and winning a coulple of playoff games is great.