Dobunz Bentit vs Jeff Co

DBGRAD70

I will criticize until Graham solves the D back problems ... Yes they have shown up a little better this year but just like in years past "it takes one good receiver to beat DB" ...... I believe DB could hang with anyone in the state because I don't see many teams stopping the O "right now" . Graham said prior to tonight's game on the radio "this is the best we have looked , great practices , everyone is healthy and playing " ... The weather Gods have been nice to Graham this year .... We fans know what happens when it gets really cold 

If I completely through out my personal feelings as to the last few years and some of the horse shet around the program and gave a grade for just this years work by coach Clark.It would be a very good grade.An 80 something or B-.That based on the fact he didn't let the team just fold this year after another tough start. I really think DB has a team that should be sitting at atleast 9-1 or 10-0 right now but nomatter because they are pretty much where they would have been with that record because of some good fortune.Now if this team doesn't play into the 3rd round,that grade goes to a 40 something or F.If they play to the semis or win it all,that grade goes to an A or A++ for obvious reasons.So to me this year was expected and much more.

7 hours ago, Stonewall said:

I hope that at some point in these threads, those that have seemingly lived to criticize Coach Clark will own it and praise him for the amazing job he has done this year. 

Oh come on Stonewall, and you post this right before a first round playoff game?  Just like kingindian said, Clark has done nothing to fix the secondary problem. Not this year and not the past 10 years. I will criticize Clark until he fixes that problem. And that's really a shame because he actually does a pretty good job with everything else, not counting an occasional bone headed play call. 

All I know is he has navigated an extreme upper East Tennessee team to an undisputed Region title. This has been against 4 teams that are 35-5 and represent 2 defending state championships. There isn’t a Division I player in sight on his roster. I hope they make a great run, but it won’t matter to his critics. Even if it’s Maryville that bumps them out, he will still get ripped. 

11 hours ago, Stonewall said:

I hope that at some point in these threads, those that have seemingly lived to criticize Coach Clark will own it and praise him for the amazing job he has done this year. 

We're not to the point of praise yet there Coach Stonewall.  Nothing has really changed except that DB has some really good athletes. Proof of any positive changes will come in playoffs.  The heat will be on then and we'll see how coaching holds up under the "pressure" of a #4 seed.  Perhaps Friday will be history changing and coaching won't collapse after halftime.

1 hour ago, Stonewall said:

All I know is he has navigated an extreme upper East Tennessee team to an undisputed Region title. This has been against 4 teams that are 35-5 and represent 2 defending state championships. There isn’t a Division I player in sight on his roster. I hope they make a great run, but it won’t matter to his critics. Even if it’s Maryville that bumps them out, he will still get ripped. 

And you can't pull up one single post where I criticized Clark and it wasn't true. You're starting to sound like that other Idiot on here that claimed I was "verbally assaulting" the coach.  "he will still get ripped" lol. 

"even if its Maryville that bumps them out"  Typical quote of a upper east tn fan. Making it to the Maryville game is like the state championship.

Ummm, Waco, I never said that it was you who criticized him. You just volunteered it. I don’t think making it to Maryville is a state title.  I believe, no, I KNOW that anyone believing there is a budding state champion from extreme East Tennessee is a delusional homer.  Any objective analysis of  Greeneville’s 2 titles illustrates  how bad their competition was and how weak their playoff tree was. It’s what happens when our state has as many champions as Texas and Ohio with 1/3 the population. We have hard working rural kids and way too small of a minority population to consistently scare people in the final two rounds. That’s why I think Clark has done a good job!

52 minutes ago, Stonewall said:

Ummm, Waco, I never said that it was you who criticized him. You just volunteered it. I don’t think making it to Maryville is a state title.  I believe, no, I KNOW that anyone believing there is a budding state champion from extreme East Tennessee is a delusional homer.  Any objective analysis of  Greeneville’s 2 titles illustrates  how bad their competition was and how weak their playoff tree was. It’s what happens when our state has as many champions as Texas and Ohio with 1/3 the population. We have hard working rural kids and way too small of a minority population to consistently scare people in the final two rounds. That’s why I think Clark has done a good job!

Don't play dumb, everybody knows who you're talking about. You've got some strange views on things, Your comment on Greenville is just crazy as is your comment about the minority population (see Maryville). There is plenty of talent at DB and SH as well as a few other schools in "extreme East Tn." We have weak coaching in this area. Greeneville proves my point.  I'm still waiting on you to pull up that post of me criticizing the coaching where it wasn't true.