Dobunz Bentit vs Jeff Co

DBGRAD70

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Don't play dumb, everybody knows who you're talking about. You've got some strange views on things, Your comment on Greenville is just crazy as is your comment about the minority population (see Maryville). There is plenty of talent at DB and SH as well as a few other schools in "extreme East Tn." We have weak coaching in this area. Greeneville proves my point.  I'm still waiting on you to pull up that post of me criticizing the coaching where it wasn't true.

Your dead on Waco,look at 2010 title game with Greeneville against Tresevant.Coaching was the major difference.Maryville has had many great teams and the biggest advantage was their coaching.Now,If any school in NET can claim more D1 talent over the last 25 years then DB,my hats off.Fact is the talent has always been here.I'll stop.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:49 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

"DB has a first round game they will 100% win"  Easy there Batman. We've lost to a 5-5 team before in the first round. And that was with a 10-0 team and I think ranked #1?  Our record against Ooltewah is not very good. They apparently have a very good offense. In ten games they have put up 55, 35, 35, 47, 42, 21, 40, 34, 7, & 42.  That seven was a loss to Cleveland. I'd just study the Cleveland game film to see what they did. Not trying to be a negative nanny. Just being cautious. 

DB has had 3 teams that were 10-0 lose in the 1st round since 2001.  I don't think that happens this year, but its smart to be cautious, Owls can score some points.

16 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

DB has had 3 teams that were 10-0 lose in the 1st round since 2001.  I don't think that happens this year, but its smart to be cautious, Owls can score some points.

We are really, REALLY aware of DBs history in round 1.  You won't find me making overly optimistic statements. The one you reference was not either.  PassiveAggressive is the guy for overly optimistic.

But this team is learning to keep the throttle full on, I think. Surely by now the players understand this. Their goal should be to TRY to lay 100 on anybody they play right now.

3 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

We are really, REALLY aware of DBs history in round 1.  You won't find me making overly optimistic statements. The one you reference was not either.  PassiveAggressive is the guy for overly optimistic.

But this team is learning to keep the throttle full on, I think. Surely by now the players understand this. Their goal should be to TRY to lay 100 on anybody they play right now.

I think the difference this year vs years past is the schedule. DB played a tough out of conference schedule to prepare them for the playoffs. I think it will pay off for them with a deeper run to Cookeville

The current group of DB seniors have won a couple of playoff games since they were freshmen, but they have also been absolutely shellacked by Blackman, the Hill and Maryville.    So yeah, if you get your foot on their neck you have to keep stomping until it breaks or the final gun sounds.     Metaphorically speaking of course...      But its not just the 11 on the field, the coaches can't start going all Phil Fulmer conservative either if you get a lead.     It's the old "play to win" vs. "play not to lose"

8 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

The current group of DB seniors have won a couple of playoff games since they were freshmen, but they have also been absolutely shellacked by Blackman, the Hill and Maryville.    So yeah, if you get your foot on their neck you have to keep stomping until it breaks or the final gun sounds.     Metaphorically speaking of course...      But its not just the 11 on the field, the coaches can't start going all Phil Fulmer conservative either if you get a lead.     It's the old "play to win" vs. "play not to lose"

Actually I hope the players themselves have learned to keep their foot on their opponents neck, so to speak.  They can always plead "misunderstanding" with the coach.

52 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Actually I hope the players themselves have learned to keep their foot on their opponents neck, so to speak.  They can always plead "misunderstanding" with the coach.

You can't use those kinds of cliches any more. Just ask the Texans.

PETA opposes reference to Raining cats and dogs.

Lawyers oppose reference to Ask me no questions and I’ll tell you no lies.

Postal workers oppose reference to Don’t shoot the messenger.

2 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

It's never been a player problem. Clark always coaches in a playoff game like he's trying to hide the successful plays from the scouts. Run up the middle or off tackle 90% of the time.

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

It's never been a player problem. Clark always coaches in a playoff game like he's trying to hide the successful plays from the scouts. Run up the middle or off tackle 90% of the time.

What I tried to say was that the players should ignore the coach if he says to take the foot off the throttle in the 2nd half. Yes absolutely.  It has always been about coaching going brain dead in the 2nd half in playoffs. 

1 hour ago, DBGRAD70 said:

What I tried to say was that the players should ignore the coach if he says to take the foot off the throttle in the 2nd half. Yes absolutely.  It has always been about coaching going brain dead in the 2nd half in playoffs. 

Sevier Co. 2011.    Cannot let something like that happen again