Class 2A AP Poll 10-23

TheAmbassador

17 minutes ago, youngod said:

I love all the jawing about CA.  We've played some pretty good talent this year.  I was really skeptical at moving up but to be honest now, I really am a believer.  At the beginning of the year, we had a lot of transition going on.  Starting QB goes out 1st game, freshman comes in and we beat Nashville Christian and played well against 4A Spring Hill (our only loss), two senior lineman were out the first 4 games, new faces in week 3.  The team has settled down and jelled around each other.  There are no selfish players on the team, just a desire to win.  

No team in the playoffs should be taken lightly.  Any team can be beaten.  I hope we do play Waverly.  I am excited to see their QB and what we can do with him.  Our defensive backs will have to step it up for sure, but I wouldn't count on a cake walk by Waverly.  

I would worry more about what the receivers do with th ball when they get it.  Those 2 are special!  

24 minutes ago, Lacesout said:

I would worry more about what the receivers do with th ball when they get it.  Those 2 are special!  

I hope we get there to find out.  I will say this, the QB has to have the time to get it there first.  Our D line and LBs have been spectacular this year in my opinion.  

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:33 AM, Mustang1969 said:

Well I saw both Rice boys. They were very, very good, dangerous quarterbacks who could beat you with their arms and their legs. Your guy can also run but does it more with his arm. He is a much better passer. He was actually mesmerizing to watch in warmups! 

Gaven is very good and only going to get better, prior to him the best QB I remember seeing in recent memory (not saying he was better than Gaven) was the Tucker boy from Perry County.

33 minutes ago, BAMABOY72 said:

Gaven is very good and only going to get better, prior to him the best QB I remember seeing in recent memory (not saying he was better than Gaven) was the Tucker boy from Perry County.

Where would you put J’honathan Smith?  He only had 1 year under McConnell’s wing and still helped lead them to 9-3. 

Edited by Lacesout

1 hour ago, Lacesout said:

Where would you put J’honathan Smith?  He only had 1 year under McConnell’s wing and still helped lead them to 9-3. 

He probably played in the time frame between my nephew playing and my Son starting to play , so can't say I remember seeing him play. Admittedly I travel and hunt a lot and when I do not have a family member playing football I am not home enough that time of year to catch a lot of HS football games. My Youngest doesn't play football so this will be my last year following it for a while I imagine. LOL.

8 minutes ago, BAMABOY72 said:

He probably played in the time frame between my nephew playing and my Son starting to play , so can't say I remember seeing him play. Admittedly I travel and hunt a lot and when I do not have a family member playing football I am not home enough that time of year to catch a lot of HS football games. My Youngest doesn't play football so this will be my last year following it for a while I imagine. LOL.

He was probably the best ive seen along with preston rice! Gavin does have another year at it tho and has made a good mark for the time he has been there.  

3 hours ago, BAMABOY72 said:

To b mentioned w the likes of Jacob tucker is a huge compliment itself(best high school qb I have seen) . While Jacob was bigger they both have that great pocket presence n seemingly eyes n the back of their head. I've thought that of Gavin n the three years I have saw him play. Good qb with a good team around him. Going to b a handful for anyone n the playoffs 

Edited by Bigpun54
  • Like 1