#4 Riverdale @ #1 Mt Juliet - Rd of 32

GoPats2019

17 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

So what would that make the region MJ is in???

Sorry, I miss spoke.

Riverdale is in a region with a very competitive team at the top and the next three are over rated and beat each other.

In Riverdales 8 wins, 7 on them were against teams that were a combined 26-44. They beat Cookeville by 2 and lost to Blackman by 2.  That indicates to me these three teams are pretty equal and not dominate by any means.

They lost to Oakland by 29. 

As far as MJ goes, I have nothing but respect for a team that shutout its first 6 opponents and went undefeated. 

1 minute ago, poppop said:

Sorry, I miss spoke.

Riverdale is in a region with a very competitive team at the top and the next three are over rated and beat each other.

In Riverdales 8 wins, 7 on them were against teams that were a combined 26-44. They beat Cookeville by 2 and lost to Blackman by 2.  That indicates to me these three teams are pretty equal and not dominate by any means.

As far as MJ goes, I have nothing but respect for a team that shutout its first 6 opponents and went undefeated. 

Your logic is quite flawed. I could use the same and say that Blackman beat Hendersonvile by 35 and Mt Juliet only beat them by 21 therefore Blackman is more dominant than Mt Juliet..?  The game will be a slobber knocker and I can assure you neither team will be lay downs. 

5 minutes ago, poppop said:

Sorry, I miss spoke.

Oakland also beat Blackman and Cookeville by 21 each. It could be that Oakland is pretty darn good this year. They also beat Maryville by 3 who is dominant, year in and year out.

You will see how good Cookeville is this Friday. They are a really good football team, all around. They only have 2 non-senior starters. It takes a pretty good effort to beat them. You guys may have a speed advantage in some spots, but they will give you guys a good game. That being said, I think Riverdale is a pretty good team, too. They may not be 'MJ good', but I think they'll give them a pretty good game.

3 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Your logic is quite flawed. I could use the same and say that Blackman beat Hendersonvile by 35 and Mt Juliet only beat them by 21 therefore Blackman is more dominant than Mt Juliet..?  The game will be a slobber knocker and I can assure you neither team will be lay downs. 

Completely agree, B45. Hard to compare how teams will play each other, based on common opponents in high school football. Sometimes, teams just match up well with each other.

19 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

Completely agree, B45. Hard to compare how teams will play each other, based on common opponents in high school football. Sometimes, teams just match up well with each other.

That is where I was going with that.  You may lose a player, get a player back have a few turnovers and have to play from behind and your team hasn't had that adversity to contend with all year. You just never know. I think it will be a good game and could be an upset if Mt Juliet thinks oh it's just  a 4 seed.  Any given day you just never know what you might get in a high school game 

1 hour ago, poppop said:

Sorry, I miss spoke.

Not throwing out any games like Riverdale above, MJ's opponents record this year:  36-64 (36%).  I thought the region was weak but actually their out of conference opponents record this year was weaker If you can actually believe that:  15-35  (30%).

Can't argue with the facts.  MJ hasn't played a single 6A team this year with a record better than 6-4.

The argument will be and I agree that you can't control the schedule but this is like going 4-0 in the NFL preseason and saying you're going to win the Super Bowl.