Polk Co @ Watertown

TigerFan76

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watertown (8-2) had a pretty good season. They beat 4A Dekalb County 59-21. They beat 1A Region 4 champions Gordonsville 20-0. They beat 3A Smith County 14-12. At the moment they have won their last 7 games. In the last 6 games they haven't allowed anybody to score over 14 points.

In comparison to Polk County (4-6) who is 1-4 in their last 5 games and have scored 6, 8, 13, 14 and 22 points. The 4 wins were over McMinn Central (0-10), Tellico Plains (2-8), Copper Basin (2-8) and Bledsoe County (4-6).

The good news for Polk County is that Watertown hasn't been scoring a bunch of points as of late. If they can get a big play early or maybe some turnovers they might be able to keep this close.

But I don't see it and think Watertown comes away with this one.

Watertown 31

Polk County 14

23 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Watertown will win big in this game. 

Not so fast Bassy. You are pretty quick to call Polk weak. Please note their losses are to Whitwell (9-1), Meigs (10-0), a Marion team that I can’t believe has only won 5 games (they were state runner up last year), Tyner (8-2 Region Champ), East Ridge (7-3) by 3 points, and a give away game to Sweetwater. Polk might not win this one, but to say it will be a blow out is inaccurate. This will be a close game and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Polk moves on. Go Wildcats!

2 minutes ago, ValleyTroll said:

Not so fast Bassy. You are pretty quick to call Polk weak. Please note their losses are to Whitwell (9-1), Meigs (10-0), a Marion team that I can’t believe has only won 5 games (they were state runner up last year), Tyner (8-2 Region Champ), East Ridge (7-3) by 3 points, and a give away game to Sweetwater. Polk might not win this one, but to say it will be a blow out is inaccurate. This will be a close game and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Polk moves on. Go Wildcats!

Polk is improved from the past few years, but they are still a below average team. I like Polk County and respect the program. I don't think you will lose by 40 or anything, but I think Watertown beats them by 2-3 scores.