Fayetteville Tigers @ Huntingdon Mustangs

ZEBRA35

18 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Varo old buddy old pal. I am sorry, but this team your boys are going to see on friday are better than those SP teams you have been seeing the last few years. They might be the best team in 1-2A. 

Ughhh.  I get it Ambassador.  They're good, better than another 10-0 team we know.  Better than what you or I can put on the field, even in a "down" year like you claimed a couple of years ago, which by anyone else's standards was still a good year.  But not to SP's standards.  And it should be that way for everybody.  Don't settle for anything less than the best.  Yes they are good, but to be the best and to get better, you have to play against the best.  Whether it's in the first round or the third, or during the season.  We got better after each time we met, and started all over after we met. 

You come out with the mind set that you can win, that you will win.  That you have to execute and perform better than the previous week, than the previous play, because after all, there is no next week for half the teams in the bracket.  Oh, and let me introduce you to the newest member of the Tiger football team--Will Towin.  He's permeated himself into each player, coach, and manager.  Some special teams have him on their roster too.  After Friday we'll see if he's been successful in motivating the Tigers.  As for me, you know I'll talk Orange & Black and cheer them on until the final whistle and the last cowbell has been put up, and even after that.  You know that.  

This may be the most skilled team Huntingdon has played since Week 2 at Waverly. Good rb and qb. Tigers give up some points so dont think they can stop Mustang Stampede. Hope you Tigers travel well. Would be nice to see some folks in the visitor stands. Pretty empty last couple of home games

Just now, ZEBRA35 said:

This may be the most skilled team Huntingdon has played since Week 2 at Waverly. Good rb and qb. Tigers give up some points so dont think they can stop Mustang Stampede. Hope you Tigers travel well. Would be nice to see some folks in the visitor stands. Pretty empty last couple of home games

Lol.  We hope to bring a respectable crowd, even if we do have to stop and feed the horses on the way.  I can't imagine who wouldn't want to come and visit your showplace stadium.  Or maybe the Perry County and Middleton fans were there and just left at halftime to avoid the traffic?  

1 hour ago, Varo said:

He and a couple of other key contributors missed the Cornersville, Warren County (6A) and a bye week.  We lost to Cornersville 24-36 and to Warren Co. 21-28.  He played two weeks ago against Harpeth (3A) and then Grace Christian.  Against Harpeth he scored 5 TDs, 196 rushing yards in 8 carries in a win and GCA i think he scored twice?  So yes, everyone will be there, including a couple of linemen who have been out most of the season for injuries.  

Go Varo Go!

5 minutes ago, Varo said:

Lol.  We hope to bring a respectable crowd, even if we do have to stop and feed the horses on the way.  I can't imagine who wouldn't want to come and visit your showplace stadium.  Or maybe the Perry County and Middleton fans were there and just left at halftime to avoid the traffic?  

Varo were you a coach at another 1A school?

I've been a fan of Alvin Palmer since his days at Franklin and then Page in Wilco.  I don't know much about  Fayetteville other than the record and the head coach and I would love to see Coach P pull this one out.  Unfortunately it's near impossible for any 4 seed to beat an undefeated 1 seed especially when they are destroying people Huntingdon has.    

2 hours ago, Varo said:

He and a couple of other key contributors missed the Cornersville, Warren County (6A) and a bye week.  We lost to Cornersville 24-36 and to Warren Co. 21-28.  He played two weeks ago against Harpeth (3A) and then Grace Christian.  Against Harpeth he scored 5 TDs, 196 rushing yards in 8 carries in a win and GCA i think he scored twice?  So yes, everyone will be there, including a couple of linemen who have been out most of the season for injuries.  

Wonder why you forgot to mention that he did play against Moore co but got shut down. This game want be close. This will not be a game. 

I don't know much about Huntingdon but I will say this, for those that say the game won't even be close, be careful what you say or ask for.  Not saying FC is going to come in and run all over Huntingdon but they do play the games for a reason.  Don't let a "lesser" opponent in your eyes come out of no where and take you down.  Good luck FC and all of the teams from Region 5.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rnorris92 said:

I don't know much about Huntingdon but I will say this, for those that say the game won't even be close, be careful what you say or ask for.  Not saying FC is going to come in and run all over Huntingdon but they do play the games for a reason.  Don't let a "lesser" opponent in your eyes come out of no where and take you down.  Good luck FC and all of the teams from Region 5.  

I promise you, the coaches and team aren't overlooking y'all.

3 hours ago, rnorris92 said:

I just don't think Fville has a clue as to what they're up against. I'm going to join in and say that this game won't be close. I've been watching high school football for many years and have seen a lot of really good championship caliber teams and this hhs team ranks right up there with many of them. They don't have a weak spot and they start fast and don't let up. There won't be a huge drop off when the jv comes in to start the second half. HHS fans do like to brag when they got a team that they think can win it all and this year is no different but don't think that they are just blowing smoke, they're that good! The only thing Fville has going for them is HHS is coming off a bye week which may give Fville some early hope but it won't last long