Fayetteville Tigers @ Huntingdon Mustangs

ZEBRA35

On 10/28/2017 at 2:42 PM, Southtowner said:

Where's Varo?   The Voice of Fayetteville City?

On 10/28/2017 at 3:18 PM, TheAmbassador said:

I feel kinda bad for Fayetteville. When they were in the east they kept having to come to SP. Now, they are moved to the west and have to go to Huntingdon. 

Huntingdon wins by 50

You speak my name Southtowner and there I am!  And thanks for the sympathy Ambassador, don't know what we would do without you.  Talk about self-inflicted damage; a rain soaked field and capable QB in Amor from Grace Christian didn't act very Christian-like in giving us a loss on Friday to put us in fourth place and having to meet that team from up northwest in the first round.  Could we have won, certainly.  Should we have won, definitely.  But at the final whistle, with Amor running draw after draw, we did not stop him and lost.

So now the play-offs.  The start of the "Second Season".  Did you say over-whelming odds?  Did you say 2 hours and 40 minute drive?  In a bus?  Did you say c-ya next year?  Baloney.  Well, not the odds and not the distance.  That is legit.  But the Tigers seem to go into a game as underdogs and come out to the good.  No, not against SP, so don't start, but mostly.  We fight to the last whistle, regardless of the odds or the score.  

Do we have a chance?  Every team has a chance, if they stick to their game plan, have some or make some lucky breaks, and have some exceptional individual effort.  No doubt this has been a head-scratcher year.  Wins against bigger teams, and losses to teams we could have beat (or even better, should have beat).  That's high school football for you, win one more district game and you go to Wayne Co., win two and we host Collinwood, win a third and we host Hollow-Rock and open a possible path into the third round. But we didn't, so we will play who we play.  We will watch and study film, look for a weakness, and try our darndest to execute our game plan.  It will take everyone on the field and on the sidelines to pull out a win, but it can be done.  With the weather forecast looking more like fall, and not monsoon season, we will be able to use our talent and speed to move the ball.  With that being said, we will need to control the clock and move the chains to keep possession and our defense off the field as much as we can.  If we can keep from gifting them field position or the ball or from wearing us down early, there is a chance.  There's always a chance.  I will take that chance.  This is a new year, a new team, a new dynamic.  The teams from the past are fun to talk about and to look back on, but this is the now.  This is the moment to rise and to shine.  Fayetteville Tigers 17, the other team 14.  Final.  WHAAAT?

6 minutes ago, Varo said:

You speak my name Southtowner and there I am!  And thanks for the sympathy Ambassador, don't know what we would do without you.  Talk about self-inflicted damage; a rain soaked field and capable QB in Amor from Grace Christian didn't act very Christian-like in giving us a loss on Friday to put us in fourth place and having to meet that team from up northwest in the first round.  Could we have won, certainly.  Should we have won, definitely.  But at the final whistle, with Amor running draw after draw, we did not stop him and lost.

So now the play-offs.  The start of the "Second Season".  Did you say over-whelming odds?  Did you say 2 hours and 40 minute drive?  In a bus?  Did you say c-ya next year?  Baloney.  Well, not the odds and not the distance.  That is legit.  But the Tigers seem to go into a game as underdogs and come out to the good.  No, not against SP, so don't start, but mostly.  We fight to the last whistle, regardless of the odds or the score.  

Do we have a chance?  Every team has a chance, if they stick to their game plan, have some or make some lucky breaks, and have some exceptional individual effort.  No doubt this has been a head-scratcher year.  Wins against bigger teams, and losses to teams we could have beat (or even better, should have beat).  That's high school football for you, win one more district game and you go to Wayne Co., win two and we host Collinwood, win a third and we host Hollow-Rock and open a possible path into the third round. But we didn't, so we will play who we play.  We will watch and study film, look for a weakness, and try our darndest to execute our game plan.  It will take everyone on the field and on the sidelines to pull out a win, but it can be done.  With the weather forecast looking more like fall, and not monsoon season, we will be able to use our talent and speed to move the ball.  With that being said, we will need to control the clock and move the chains to keep possession and our defense off the field as much as we can.  If we can keep from gifting them field position or the ball or from wearing us down early, there is a chance.  There's always a chance.  I will take that chance.  This is a new year, a new team, a new dynamic.  The teams from the past are fun to talk about and to look back on, but this is the now.  This is the moment to rise and to shine.  Fayetteville Tigers 17, the other team 14.  Final.  WHAAAT?

VERY GOOD POST! Heck I'm ready to play again now! Good luck to Fayetteville!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Varo said:

Huntingdon is averaging over 50 PPG this year. If you hold them to 14 then yes you will win. More rain in the forecast for Friday night. Wont be a factor on the new carpet. Long bus ride for a tail kicking. Basketball season starts Sat Tigers!

43 minutes ago, Varo said:

Old buddy.. I'm sorry, but Huntingdon has better athletes, and better line play. They will have 14 points after their first two possessions. Fayetteville hasn't seen anything like this Huntingdon team. The two games at SP the past few seasons pale in comparison to what type of team you will see Friday. This game will be a mercy rule by halftime. Huntingdon has athletes that most 3-4A schools wish they had. Huntingdon is scary good. 

A few things about this Mustang team. These boys have been running this offense, or something similar to this offense since they were in youth league and they are running it well. They haven't given away turnovers. They have been outmatched , size wise, in most big games, but it doesn't seem to bother them. They can hit! Especially in the secondary. They have made good backs look less than average. If you throw up a 50/50 ball, it is Huntingdons ball. If you punt it to a returner, there is a good chance it will be taken to the house. They close on the ball and don't miss tackles. Scary speed! Everywhere!

Edited by Waker

22 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Varo,  I knew you would give a detailed response.  That's why you are the voice of Fayetteville City.    Good luck.

Thanks!  If anything, I try to be positive and a little motivational.  Not like that cold-hearted realist Ambass. ;) But, hey, that's why they play the game.  It will be difficult b/c we are facing a very talented team, but that's never stopped us from getting off the bus.   This is the best time of the year! 

Just now, Waker said:

A few things about this Mustang team. These boys have been running this offense, or something similar to this offense since they were in youth league and they are running it well. They haven't given away turnovers. They have been outmatched , size wise, in most big games, but it doesn't seem to bother them. They can hit! Especially in the secondary. They close on the ball and don't miss tackles. There is scary speed! Everywhere!

Thank you for the background.  Since ya'll are so far away, in a different time zone, we don't usually see teams like this.  Can't say that's good or bad, because I would like to match up regular season with a similar style team like yours to give us an idea of how to play and ideally win against.  I won't give you the Gold Ball just yet, there's a lot of football left to play.  Good luck!  Any recommendations on eating spots?  How's your concession stand?  Not just cold pizza I hope.  

9 minutes ago, Varo said:

Thanks!  If anything, I try to be positive and a little motivational.  Not like that cold-hearted realist Ambass. ;) But, hey, that's why they play the game.  It will be difficult b/c we are facing a very talented team, but that's never stopped us from getting off the bus.   This is the best time of the year! 

Yall are going up against the best team in 1A or 2A  this year so stay focused and be positive.  Above all,  pay no attention to Bass.  He likes to pile on.

• Like 1